Want to buy a pyrometer

Marks Garage

Reaction score
Best deal on a pyrometer w/probe. I need this for my deuce. Its a hercules turbo diesel. I would also like to get one for my 1990 c350 w/7.3. Thanks

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,the Autometer won't work on a little Deuce Coupe.Atleast mine wouldn't.Gotta have power and Autometers don't like 24 volt systems(28Volt charging).I think the Issopro's don't require power input to get a reading so they should work.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered my guages thru eguages .com and they are isspro, I live close to Isspro, we have an account there and egauges was still 30 bucks less. and they shipped from portland Isspro. Gotta love internet shopping :thumbsup:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Isspro EV gauges may have an electrical feed; not certain. BTW, I compared the price on egauges.com to the price at DPS, and DPS was cheaper by a fair margin when you add in the price of the thermocouple and the wire lead (the thermocouple and the wire lead come as a "kit" with the gauge on DPS for $120).

Personally, I never cared for Autometers...they seem too "ricer" to me...that's just a personal preference, though :)

rubberfish

Reaction score
Cheapest price I found when I was looking, was BD.
They're made by isspro, but have a little BD badge on them.
I can't remember the exact cost, but I do remember they were
way cheaper than the other stores I was looking at.
They come with a black face as well, if that matters.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Oh, it'll work fine, just work with autometer and rig up a resistor to get the voltage down to 12v.

akoldnav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently put a VDO pyrometer in my 88 F250, and I am not completely happy with it. It seems to be a lot slower to reflect the egt than my Banks, or the Westach that I have in my other trucks. I don't think it is due to installation, but if somebody has one of these and it is quick, let us know.

akoldnav

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
Well,the Autometer won't work on a little Deuce Coupe.Atleast mine wouldn't.Gotta have power and Autometers don't like 24 volt systems(28Volt charging).I think the Issopro's don't require power input to get a reading so they should work.

How many batteries and what voltage are they? I had an M38A1 jeep with 24v system and it used 2-12v batteries. I just wired all my aftermarket electrical across 1-12v batt and all was fine.

Don

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like to use only self powered pyrometers, as voltage fluxuations can affect the accuracy of the other types. If a pyrometer is slow to respond, it may be too far away from the manifold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes