Best place to buy pyrometer in a hurry?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I'm sure that the answer is O'Reilly's but figured I'd ask.

if I I can't get the old Banks pyrometer working on the van, I'll probably just have to buy a new one before I start heading into the mountains.

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually was in Oreallys last week looking for a pyrometer and
1: they didn't have any in stock
2: the ones they order start at like $250

so... this probably doesn't help at all but hope you don't waste any time and money at oreilly

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, I would look for something that deals with big trucks… not automotive…

Here in Indy we have a place called TruckPro…

Think NAPA, or AutoZone, but for big trucks…. Ours is near a huge truck stop and several truck dealers….

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Autometer was the fastest thing i could my hands on years ago - local parts store.

Today, i'd prob peruse amazon's selection and have it in 2-3 days.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Autometer was the fastest thing i could my hands on years ago - local parts store.

Today, i'd prob peruse amazon's selection and have it in 2-3 days.

Amazon is 5-7 days anymore. Everything was showing me Tuesday delivery, far too late

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can filter Amazon results to only look at ones that can be delivered tomorrow. It may be different where you live, but I saw a good number of options available for overnight delivery through Amazon.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
IME, amazon delivery times and fees vary quite a bit, by location and other logistics quirks.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Eh, I don't want to be in a hurry to buy such a thing. I'll just borrow the one from the RV to take along in my carry-on. Once I get back, I can look into buying a cheaper one to stick on the RV, if i can't get the Banks one working.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
The International dealer had none, backordered.

The isspro one's probe doesn't seem too eager to move, and I don't want to break it, so it'll stay on the RV.

I ordered a $250 (w/tax) Autometer gauge to be delivered to O'Reilly's there where I'm picking up the van, so if i can't get the Banks one working, I'll have a new one to put on before i head back.

If i get the Banks one working, it can be returned unopened.

And if i need it, i could later order another "ship to home" one for less money (with a promo code) and return it to O'Reilly's on the higher priced receipt.... they might not like it but... LOL

Last edited: