Virtual BOOB bone yard

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it should be for all. A new section divided out by type of rig.
I have a few items, but am mostly a reader of your knowledge

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds really awesome to me too!! :thumbsup: I have actually accumulated a few things that I could put up. One question though - does it have to be all freebies? I wouldn't mind buying some things here and there - just curious?

DBogo

Reaction score
it shoudl be all freebies all things that are being sold should be in the marketplace and does anyone agree it should be all diesel related things not just IDI's

DBogo

Reaction score
heres what the TDR pay it foward thing says:

Pay it forward!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin and I discussed this and we thought we'd give this a try. Over time there have been a number of instances where members have offered parts for free with the only request being that you "pay it forward" and do the same when you get something available. We're going to try this for 90 days and see if there is enough demand for this forum. We thought the best format for this would be to have it here in the forums rather than in the classifieds. ONLY items for free are ok to post here and only from individuals - no vendor items allowed. Getting paid for your shipping costs are ok. This forum is only viewable by members - non members can't even see it.

-Steve St.Laurent
Webmaster & Lead Moderator

Last edited:

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh!! :oops: Thanks DBogo - I never paid attention to that at the bottom of the page - Didn't realize there was a marketplace! :idiot: Alrighty then only freebies! Makes perfect sense!! :Thumbs Up

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Considering that I DON'T have an IDI, I think it's still a great idea. Hell, let's do one for al PSD's!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only concern about it being all diesels, is there should be catagory's so somebody doesn't waste a lot of time wading through non-related stuff to find things for their rig.

DBogo

Reaction score
well it would save alot more space on the forum if you just have one instead of many for each type of truck but the stuff must be diesel related

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's still being discussed. The higher ups don't think anybody will use it, because most folks don't give things away. If it happens, it may be for IDI use only. Will have to see. I'll let you know how it turns out.

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Agnem said:
It's still being discussed. The higher ups don't think anybody will use it, because most folks don't give things away. If it happens, it may be for IDI use only. Will have to see. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mel, yall may be surprised. I have seen people give away guns (thru FFL dealers of course), gun parts and accessories on gun forums Im a member of. It surprised me. So you never know. Give it a try for awhile.

BTW Create it as a sub-forum under Marketplace. Allow each individual to post their items as seperate threads. The indidvidual can notify Admin when the item is taken and admin can delete the thread. Individual threads should keep the length of thread and confusion of what is available to a minimum.

Don

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tuckerd1 said:
Mel, yall may be surprised. I have seen people give away guns (thru FFL dealers of course), gun parts and accessories on gun forums Im a member of. It surprised me. So you never know. Give it a try for awhile.

BTW Create it as a sub-forum under Marketplace. Allow each individual to post their items as seperate threads. The indidvidual can notify Admin when the item is taken and admin can delete the thread. Individual threads should keep the length of thread and confusion of what is available to a minimum.

Don

I'm just a mod, not a god, so we'll have to see what they think. Sit tight.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Agnem said:

It might be slow starting but I know on TDR (TurboDieselRegistry) it moves and shakes pretty goodj - actually have to check it a couple times a month or items can get pushed off to another page. But if your really looking for something over there you have check many times a day because once it's listed it normally flies pretty darn quick.