Valley pan plug alternative/replacement?

Grant Cdebaca

Reaction score
Hey y’all. Took my heads off a few months ago for a valve job and I’m just now getting back to reassembling the top end/etc. long story short I can’t find the old valley pan drain plug. You know how it goes. Must have snuck away from me at some point.
So it’s a hard part to find in 2021. Anyone on here ever fab their own replacement for this? Im thinking about finding a pipe end plug that fits, drilling a hole through it, working up some kind of flange/washer to hold down the pan.
Obviously all that if I can’t find an actual replacement or mine in the gutter somewhere.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I don't thin that there is a new replacement. Your best bet is to find some kind member who has an extra one laying around.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pick your part, pull your part etc... type yards in your area? If so see if they have any 6.9/7.3 Diesels.

Goat

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A pic of where this plug goes, please? Size of hole. Etc...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to go to a decent hydraulic store and buy a flange plug and drill it that's all that is it's like an o-ring boss plug Flathead so that's why it has the flange I use them all the time for things
I think that's a number eight or a ring or jic plug if it's 3/4 16 that sticks in my head

Last edited:

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should be able to go to a decent hydraulic store and buy a flange plug and drill it that's all that is it's like an o-ring boss plug Flathead so that's why it has the flange I use them all the time for things
I think that's a number eight or a ring or jic plug if it's 3/4 16 that sticks in my head
Your memory is pretty good Russ. 3/4-16 is -8 SAE oring boss thread. Should be a Parker 8 HP50N-S if you want the "hollow hex plug" design with the sunken hex.

Grant Cdebaca

Reaction score
Your memory is pretty good Russ. 3/4-16 is -8 SAE oring boss thread. Should be a Parker 8 HP50N-S if you want the "hollow hex plug" design with the sunken hex.
Y’all are damn impressive. Im ordering a Parker 8 HP50N-S right now. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Once again thank you so much