usdieselparts.com ?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Their pump will probably be good and last you long enough until (if) you want to invest in a hotter pump in the future. If you can't afford a moose, then you can't, oh well., I'm in that boat right now.

My truck has a Oregon fuel injection pump that's perfectly fine.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If we are in a position to buy from Mel, I think we would get the best possible product out there. But if you can't, you gotta do what you gotta do.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
That is funny, I wouldnt excactly call Jason a "snot nosed kid".

Weve got one pump shop in town, I only use them for parts once in a while because they are cheap, but they dont even rebuild IDI pumps inhouse , they get them from a clearing house, last check it was from MWFI same as Pensicola was doing for some of theirs, this is what many of the so called Local shops do when it comes to these things.
Any time you see a price that low, qhality is to be suspect.
Consumer pumps are profit items for pump shops, but they hate dealing with the things due to improper installation issues.
and just what it costs to recoup the price of teh calibration machinery for one type of pump is enough to make your wallet hurt for years, recouping teh cost of teh equipment and its calibration costs are a good portion of the price, you cant make any money if you give pumps away. A small few man shop cant afford to assembly line them out like that themselveswithout going on the bread line unless they are cutting some serious corners. and even a production shop is going to be cutting corners to pull it off

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah when I first bought my truck, I was looking into Pensacola diesel because I found their prices to be unusually inexpensive. When I called them, they didn't seem to know much about their own products and were a little rude. They probably got a few hundred returns on their junk pumps and injectors that day lol. Sounds like they need to take off their (bad word) knee-pads and do some quality work for once.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is funny, I wouldnt excactly call Jason a "snot nosed kid".

X2 on that. I know him personally and he knows what he's doing. USDP is not one to be grouped w/ "cheap pump shops". I've installed many of their reman pumps and other products. Excellent quality and service, and Jason knows what the #*@% he's doing.

RLDSL,
You can give an accurate review of a shop that you have done business for years, and I will take your word for it. But, I really don't think you can accurately judge a shop you don't have any personal experience with.

Josh, you can take our word for it. We've done business with them and we don't have bad things to say. Call there and ask to talk to Jason if you want to.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't find the receipt for this bogus pump I have now, but pensicola does seem to ring a bell, Funny, I save every receipt except one, can't find it to save my life. But I'm a cheap bastad and I'm sure I bought the cheapest one I could find. Turned out to be an error, big times. Oh it ran for a while but its been a pain in the butt and cost me several tows so far.

My present difficulties might be due to something else, not sure, I've got a few more suggestions to try, but all in all I can just picture having to spring for a real IP. I'm lucky in that I've got the money, I just hate to spend it.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
I bought random items through US Diesel Parts quite a bit when I had my 6.5TD but that was several years ago so I'm not sure if anything has changed. At the time I thought they were great guys and very knowledgable/helpful ;Sweet In my dealings I have nothing but good to say about them and wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again. I however did not buy a DB2 from them so I can't comment on their rebuilds.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
X2 on that. I know him personally and he knows what he's doing. USDP is not one to be grouped w/ "cheap pump shops". I've installed many of their reman pumps and other products. Excellent quality and service, and Jason knows what the #*@% he's doing.

RLDSL,
You can give an accurate review of a shop that you have done business for years, and I will take your word for it. But, I really don't think you can accurately judge a shop you don't have any personal experience with.

Josh, you can take our word for it. We've done business with them and we don't have bad things to say. Call there and ask to talk to Jason if you want to.

If they are selling a rebuilt pump for roughly $300 less than the base price that basically every commercial grade pump shop in the country that is in it for the long haul has figured in all costs, has figured up the price that one of those pumps should go for when properly rebuilt ( higher in some metropolitan areas ) should go for and still be able to clear a profit after paying for needed parts on teh average and maintaining seriously expensive calibration equipment , then where do they cut the costs? I'm sorry, but it has to come out somewhere. Either not calibrating the equipment on schedule ala diesel careless or not replacing all needed parts, or using used parts otherwise they dont make a dime, either that or they are very short sighted businesmen and will be bankrupt in very short order. People can be likable and still be poor businessmen ( or out and out crooks, like a few in laws of mine :eek:

A shop full of pump repair and calibration equipment doesnt come cheap. Right now if Mel sells a handful of Moose pumps a day, he might have all those goodies he just bought paid for by the time they lay him to rest ( My local pump guy walked me through the shop one day when it was slow and showed me all the goodies and how much they all cost... and the calibration intervals and prices for such , I almost had heart failure )

Ive been fooling with diesels, and a lot of heavy diesels for about 30 years now and I'd be suspect of anyone selling these pumps for a base price under around $625 ( there are a few extreme rural areas where prices are a bit lower and I've seen pump shops go down about that far in margin ) plus hard parts ( just like Mel does that freaks a lot of folks out, Im sorry guys, but this is standard procedure, real pump shops charge for new replacement hard parts that are not part of the rebuild kit , this way , you are assured of a proper rebuild with new parts and your pump will be fitted for the new parts properly and will run like new or better when you get it back ) if you have treated your pump nicely, changed your filter regularly, used additives, it shouldnt need much if anything extra, if youve run straight kero dry and neglected your filter, then expect a bill. On a cheap flat rate swap pump, there is simply no way to pull it off financially without using cannabalized junk pumps for a parts pool. it's basic economics.
Its like the difference between a reman alternator where only the case is reused and all new guts are installed and a rebuilt one where only currently trashed parts are replaced and marginal ones and things like rotors and stators are swapped with ones from the pool . There is a drastic difference in quality.

I may sound a little ancy about this but historically, pump builds used to cost MORE 15 +years ago, but americans constant drive for kmart pricing on everything is putting all skilled americans jobs at risk. I would rather support folks who I know beyond a shadow of a doubt are doing it the way it is supposed to be done

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's put a polite stop to this guys. There's two pages of well stated positions and there isn't much left to be done other than hurt feelings.
unless somebody has more positive feedback to add to the orig question, there really isn't anything else to add.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's put a polite stop to this guys. There's two pages of well stated positions and there isn't much left to be done other than hurt feelings.
unless somebody has more positive feedback to add to the orig question, there really isn't anything else to add.

Yea, i wasn't asking for a bashing,lol. I had checked the hall of shame and did't see anything about usdiesel so i figured i would ask if anyone had dealt with them. thanks for all the feedback though! :D

Black dawg

Reaction score
Yea, i wasn't asking for a bashing,lol. I had checked the hall of shame and did't see anything about usdiesel so i figured i would ask if anyone had dealt with them. thanks for all the feedback though! :D

THere was a post not to long ago of somebody getting two bad pumps in a row from them. It seems like they were hot starting issues. This seems to be a very common problem these days with the db2 pump, I wonder if it has anything to do with wmo use?

warmblood58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read enough and done enough research and have been screwed enough times in the past trying to save money - I am going with a baby moose as it is pump time - measure twice, cut once -

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well put.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This forum is not about bashing someone or some shops products. The posting here most of the times are from practical experiance dealing with known shops. I would ask has anyone had a complaint about Conestoga diesel... Nope... none that I know of... Has anyone had a complaint with typ4 and what he offers us here... Nope... none that I have heard of. I completely agree with many members here about using a shop and getting good to great quality help and service from. We also see the posting about shops that plain rip you off and think nothing of it. I do wonder how a shop can offer some of the prices they offer sometimes... At one time we all here could buy as many motorcraft zd9 glow plugs from autozone for $2.99 each... Well thats some time ago now. But many here bought several sets of them... then uhaul was selling off most if not all of its idi inventory because it was cheaper to sell it than move it... They were making one wharehouse location instead of many all over the us... We all got in on that sale. Some members were buying 5,6,7 or 8 injection pumps at a time because they were less than $200.00.... Thats turned out with mixed results... Now many were found to be great pumps but a few were not so lucky if you need to look at it that way... Uhaul took care of those with issues too without making a fuss. In closeing its best to ask what the collective members of this forum think about shops before they buy from them. We have a hall of shame because it was warranted.. Crooks walk amongst us daily...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7