usdieselparts.com ?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them before. They may be good or not.:dunno

I can tell you that you can get an excellent rebuild from Conestoga Diesel

Mel (Agnem is his handle here) is now the owner and many many guys have his pumps and love them. I have two Moose pumps and sets of Moose injectors and can tell you first hand that they are excellent. A stock rebuild (Baby Moose) is an excellent pump as well.

Just my two cents.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The above posting about Conestoga Diesel is a fact. I have run two of the Moose pumps.. they are the best injection pump available. This fact is proven many times over on this forum.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The above posting about Conestoga Diesel is a fact. I have run two of the Moose pumps.. they are the best injection pump available. This fact is proven many times over on this forum.

I talked to him. seemed like a really nice guy... its just a bit out of my price range

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not always true, but in the case of rebuilt injection pumps............ "You get what you pay for" is absolutely true.

My advice...... save up the extra money and get a known good rebuilt IP.;Sweet

Heath

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got quite a bit of experience with them. They are a good reputable shop. I believe the pumps are built in house.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
their" factory trained and certified technicians have been rebuilding DB2 injection pumps since they were introduced by Stanadyne in the late 70's"
Here's my problem with it and all cheap rebuilt pumps.... just exactly HOW MUCH OF THE PUMP ARE THEY REBUILDING?
The price of a Moose pump may seem high to some of you guys who have got overly used to seeing dirt cheap , half arsed rebuilt pumps all over the internet, but I have news for you. Mel doesnt charge one single cent more than any QUALITY authorized pump shop would charge to do a COMPLETE QUALITY rebuild that you can count on. My local pump shop that I have been doing buisness with longer than most of you guys have been on this earth charges right at what Mel Charges for his Moose pumps, for a stock rebuild, and that is for a stock rebuild with tamper tabs, and dont ask them to fiddle with the factory settings. You get a very good warranty, now if someone goes in wanting a hot pump, they'll put one together any way someone wants it , but once it goes beyond factory specs, warranty goes out the window, and this is standard at most shops. but the price will be the same or even more in cases depending on extra calibration time.
I'm not going to goosestep in line and say that Mel makes the best pumps on earth, in fact, I'll bet good money that the old gray haired fella Ive been doing buisness with for decades can build a better pump with his eyes closed... but the same kind of pump fully redone with replacement parts, I'd be lucky to get out of there for under $1100 . Base price for one is near $800 before extra parts. THey are used to building pumps for road tractors for fleets and such for folks who dont bat an eye at prices like that for something to keep a rig on the road for a nother handful of years, and their pumps do it., but the price is pretty tough to chew. I needed a pump for one of my cars and I spent 2 years and found a good one used in the netherlands and had it shipped rather than getting my old one rebuilt.
WHat Mel is doing for the price is a freeking bargain.
Now I know, Po boy's got po ways, and sometimes you just gotta cheap out or face a diet of dry beans and cornbread for the next 6 months, or worse, no cornbread :eek: but when you consider how many folks on this board have been burned by budget pumps (having very bad memories of a day spent trying to time an engine with a Pensacola pump on it to no avail), might want to consider laying in a supply of BBQ sauce to go with those beans and save up for a better pump

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
their" factory trained and certified technicians have been rebuilding DB2 injection pumps since they were introduced by Stanadyne in the late 70's"
Here's my problem with it and all cheap rebuilt pumps.... just exactly HOW MUCH OF THE PUMP ARE THEY REBUILDING?
The price of a Moose pump may seem high to some of you guys who have got overly used to seeing dirt cheap , half arsed rebuilt pumps all over the internet, but I have news for you. Mel doesnt charge one single cent more than any QUALITY authorized pump shop would charge to do a COMPLETE QUALITY rebuild that you can count on. My local pump shop that I have been doing buisness with longer than most of you guys have been on this earth charges right at what Mel Charges for his Moose pumps, for a stock rebuild, and that is for a stock rebuild with tamper tabs, and dont ask them to fiddle with the factory settings. You get a very good warranty, now if someone goes in wanting a hot pump, they'll put one together any way someone wants it , but once it goes beyond factory specs, warranty goes out the window, and this is standard at most shops. but the price will be the same or even more in cases depending on extra calibration time.
I'm not going to goosestep in line and say that Mel makes the best pumps on earth, in fact, I'll bet good money that the old gray haired fella Ive been doing buisness with for decades can build a better pump with his eyes closed... but the same kind of pump fully redone with replacement parts, I'd be lucky to get out of there for under $1100 . Base price for one is near $800 before extra parts. THey are used to building pumps for road tractors for fleets and such for folks who dont bat an eye at prices like that for something to keep a rig on the road for a nother handful of years, and their pumps do it., but the price is pretty tough to chew. I needed a pump for one of my cars and I spent 2 years and found a good one used in the netherlands and had it shipped rather than getting my old one rebuilt.
WHat Mel is doing for the price is a freeking bargain.
Now I know, Po boy's got po ways, and sometimes you just gotta cheap out or face a diet of dry beans and cornbread for the next 6 months, or worse, no cornbread :eek: but when you consider how many folks on this board have been burned by budget pumps (having very bad memories of a day spent trying to time an engine with a Pensacola pump on it to no avail), might want to consider laying in a supply of BBQ sauce to go with those beans and save up for a better pump

LOL! you have a good point. But that last paragraph made me laugh.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a cheap rebuild pensecola pump, DONT DO IT !Its been a nightmare and a thorn in my side, I have sent it back twice and they still havent gotten it right !
I am saving my pennies to buy one from Mel, I am tired of parts that dont work.
Think of it this way, you spend $300 on a pump that dosent work right you send it back to them for re-calibration and they still dont get it right, and they arent going to get it right the second time .... you pay for shiping each time ( these pumps arent light). You end up saying I screw it, I am tired of this crap I am just going to get one that works .. and you end up spending the $625 any way, you are now $925 into a injection pump, where you could have saved that $300 to begin with and could have used that to buy a good set of inj or whatever. This is my situation I regret buying the pensecola pump buy cheap rebuilt parts has ALWAYS ALWAYS came back to bit me in the a$$.
JM2C.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I have dealt with usdieselparts for over 10 years, I have gotten one "bad" pump in that time. They wanted a very thorough diagnostic done and thorough explanation of the problem. Gave me another pump and I was on my way.

I am not sure why we are grouping these guys in with the cheap pump shops?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I have dealt with usdieselparts for over 10 years, I have gotten one "bad" pump in that time. They wanted a very thorough diagnostic done and thorough explanation of the problem. Gave me another pump and I was on my way.

I am not sure why we are grouping these guys in with the cheap pump shops?

Because, my friend, I have been dealing with diesels for over 30 years, and it is physically impossible to do a proper rebuild on a pump for that kind of money unless you are butchering used pumps for parts of unknown quality to cobble them together, and using snot nosed kids and paying them mc dogfood wages to slap them together instead of properly trained techs with mortgages .PERIOD!

A proper rebuild starts with labour and base kit for a base rebuild ans goes from there with replacement hard parts and extra machining required to PROPERLY repair the pump and bring it up to spec. For this to be done properly, it cannot be an assembly line procedure, It is an individual process that requires a highly trained, very patient eye and steady hands, which is why there are so many poor quality rebuilds out there right now. Everyone wants a diesel , but nobody wants to pay to keep it up
Face it folks, This is a mid range diesel engine, its not a little passenger truck toy. When it breaks, its going to cost a bit to fix, but if you do it right, you wont have to do it again for a VERY long time.
When I maintained a fleet of busess with these engines on a fleet maintnence schedule, breakdowns were basically non existant ( good thing, school district frowned on those ) but we never cheaped out on anything either.