upgrading fuel pump

Motas2002

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I think the fuel pump is going out in my 2002 F250. Since I will be replacing it, I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations on any particular fuel pump. Is OEM the best way to good or perhaps an upgrade? I think the one in there now is the stock one with over 270,000 mile on it. Please let me know what you think.
Thanks,
John

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Go get a Bosch with a lifetime warranty. If you don't run out of fuel, these things last a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is an e-pump and soup bowl delete mod you can do, mainly for the 97 and earlier powerstrokes.

if you just want to fix it, a replacement pump is the way to go,
if you want to mod it, have at it!

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are the indications that lead you to believe the fuel pump is "going out" ?

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a psd and the top of the motor is damp. before I rip into it I want to read up on an electric conversion. every damn time I try to search I get tons of idi hits. can you link to the mod thanks

there is an e-pump and soup bowl delete mod you can do, mainly for the 97 and earlier powerstrokes.

if you just want to fix it, a replacement pump is the way to go,
if you want to mod it, have at it!

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the link.

I'll take the parts list, I never worked with high pressure so I'm deciding which lines I want to run, steel braided, stock replacements or something else. I'm leaning toward stock lines since they lasted 20+ yrs. If install a new set I'll be on social security before they need to be replaced again.

I want to shoe horn the largest tanks I can find into it and give each tank it's own epump and filter. I like redundant systems my idi is set up this way and it's saved my bacon once or twice.

I have a price sheet on his kits.

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm digging that guys work. I need to check the specs on the filters I've been using otherwise I'll probably get all of my stuff from him and be done with it.

He likes using compression fittings, but i don't see why the steel lines can't be flared to take a brake fitting. I would trust it better. I never had luck with compression fittings sealing and staying sealed for me. what do you think?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
compression fittings work great if you know how to install them.

have to be properly installed and tightened, any crooked ness or overtighten of the farrel and you will leak

nj_m715

government's finest
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my distaste mostly comes from nylon lines on remote gauges, which is different than steel lines, I did a lot of hvac work in the past and flares were always required on the split ac units, lp and heating oil lines, so that's where I'm coming from.

I fired off an email to that youtube guy for the parts I need.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
He'll get you a price sheet.
I'll let him take care of you, since I don't know if his pricing has changed.
I did the full kit,with the engine side also. The assembly required one.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
@Shawn MacAnanny
Saw on your post on the other forum. I recommend you look into the fugazzotto kits.
Mine is doing great.
Great guy to deal with also.
I'd rather give him money than the other big name companies.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Shawn MacAnanny
Saw on your post on the other forum. I recommend you look into the fugazzotto kits.
Mine is doing great.
Great guy to deal with also.
I'd rather give him money than the other big name companies.

I just Googled the name and couldn't find anything. I was thinking I might make one with an a1000 those are good pumps and I could do all feed lines in jic stainless since I have an Esco 10 minutes away. There's I a pressure sensor I assume I need to install back into the setup and do I need a boost increasing regulator?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online