Turbo?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks like some sort of centrifugal water booster pump not a turbo. I say this because of the straight vanes. And lack of pressure lube.

ull7

Ford f250 Greaser
Reaction score
who knows? took out the grease canister and it is a metal box that has a felt tip that when it heats up draws the grease out of the canister

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Im gonna agree with russ on this one. the screen on the "exhaust" inlet is another tip off. maybe a hydraulic transfer pump? the vanes dont appear close enough to the housing to be useful in an exhaust gas application. I have been wrong before though so who knows.

ull7

Ford f250 Greaser
Reaction score
talking to the seller and says that it did come off of an aicraft that a guy that worked for the gaurd got from a surplus sale, he will hopefuly get back to me about what it came off of.I ust cant get over that it uses grease for the bearings!anyone ever hear of that on a turbo? it would have to be some sort of super grease
to stand the heat.-Flame Thr

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
talking to the seller and says that it did come off of an aicraft that a guy that worked for the gaurd got from a surplus sale, he will hopefuly get back to me about what it came off of.I ust cant get over that it uses grease for the bearings!anyone ever hear of that on a turbo? it would have to be some sort of super grease
to stand the heat.-Flame Thr
even your most cheap wheel bearing grease will start to melt at 350deg. So using it as a lube for the bearings is not totally out of the question. the only concern is the rpms the turbine shafts is good for and I doubt it isn't much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online