Turbo Size?

dmj291

Reaction score
So my N/A motor crapped the bed (either cavitation or HG that caused the motor to seize). Long story short, I was going to part out the truck, but a deal fell into my lap for a 94 motor w/o a turbo. It has everything, but a turbo... so now, i'm trying to find an equivalent to stock turbo to put on it... all this said, anyone know the flange pattern of the 94 factory turbo trucks (t3, t4, etc.) & the compressor (mm), turbine (mm), a/r?

Also, coming from a gas motor w/ electronic boost control... what's the norm for controlling boost?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
They used a wastegate to control boost. Stock turbo has a T3 exhaust housing, and a smaller T4 compressor side. If you want to save money, an HX35 is an OK turbo in this application as long as you keep boost below about 15-20psi. I would try to figure out a way to mount an S300 based turbo on it. I have been eyeing an S362 SXE, or maybe an S364.5 SXE.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
In the market place is a factory turbo kit for sale cheap. Pm with typ4 aka Russ of Oregon about the factory turbos. He really is the expert on them for this forum. He purchased all the parts when ATS left the market. He knows...:thumbsup::thumbsup::sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online