TS idm mod ??'s

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jacob, I'm thinking about getting a modded IDM, do you have any performance #'s and can it be put on a off and on switch? Thanks, Chris

jtbyenow

Reaction score
Chris,

The IDM is located in the fender. On the early model truck it lays on the drivers side fender. In the late models it is located in the fender between the out skin of the body of the fender and the inside of the inner fender. It is right in the location of where the F-250, 350,450, and 550. By pulling the plastic inner fender down you will see it up in there. With our Modification we do you can see anywhere from 20 to 40 horsepower gain and 100 ft/lbs. of torque. The IDM is the Injector Driver Module and controls the amount of voltage going to the injectors. Not only are the injectors oil driven they are also controled by voltage. If injectors and tranny and Rods are on your list of things to do. Put this one on there with them. Even if a guy is looking for just alittle more this mod is for him. Give me a call and I can get you set up. Right now we have no cores so I can't send you one. (270) 746 9999

What was crazy is I was about to post on this very subject. Thanks Chris

Thanks
Jacob
TS Performance

Ggg

Reaction score
Hi Jacob, I got a few questions on your IDM's. I do understand the purpose of the IDM mod, and what it does.
I have a 96 F250, auto, 4X4 TS 4 pos flip chip, 4" straight pipe,Tymar,10k, shimmed FPR, stock injectors.
My intension with this truck is to make as much h/p torque as I can on #2 only.
1. What is the cost of a modded IDM for the above truck to buy it outright.
2. Is the 20-40 hp 100ft/lbs. gain from the IDM in addition to what the chip produces?
So if I have a 50hp chip setting, can I expect to see 70-90hp gain with the modified IDM and chip together on the above mentioned truck, or will I need more mods to get the most out of the IDM mod?
Thanks a lot, Gregg

Last edited:

jjeepyjohn

Beer Kindasewer
Reaction score
Gregg,The increase in power will be 40hp and 100ftlb on top of whatever else you use.Or to make it more simple,..if your truck was stock and you did the IDM mod you would gain 40hp and 100ftlbs at the ground.. Hope this helps,John

Thuglike

Reaction score
The IDM mod raises the volt output to the injectors from 110 to 140. The increase in volts makes the injectors fire faster,hence, more fuel. It is completely different from the ICP mods, they raise the oil pressure going to the injector which raises the PSI of the fuel.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard they were 200-250. Why don't the web sites ever list the Idm mod? Whats the big secret:confused:

jjeepyjohn

Beer Kindasewer
Reaction score
Originally posted by morepower02
I heard they were 200-250. Why don't the web sites ever list the Idm mod? Whats the big secret:confused:

Thats more like it.. I dont know why its not on the site, Ill ask Dennis next time I talk to him. Also there is a core charge unless you send them yours to be done,and if you do that you cant drive your truck without it..You could always get an extra one???

Thuglike

Reaction score
I paid 100 buck 2 years ago..and kept my old one. Prices only go up I guess. Could be a gratuity charge too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7