Truck stop fueling rules

skirk55

Reaction score
I was thinking about replacing my 2005 F350 Diesel and get a Gasser but I have been so spoiled by pulling my truck and 5 Th wheel in to a truck stop to fill up. When I have to stop at the gas station the little self centered cars and people leave there there car at the pump go inside get food use the bathroom and crawl to there car!!!! I have never had a problem at a truck stop. The truck stops have much better coffee than the gas stations.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rule #1 don't pull into a truck stop if your little truck has stacks.

Rule #2 don't pull into a truck stop with a little truck with stacks wearing a chain-drive-wallet.

Rule #3 don't pull into a truck stop with a little truck with stacks, wearing a chain-drive-wallet...and call a real trucker 'good buddy'.

:D

skirk55

Reaction score
I drove heavy equipment for over 20 years and now I an semi retired. My F350 is the biggest truck I will drive for as long as I live. I still feel odd getting fuel in my pick up. The window washer they have is nice! It can reach the middle and top of my truck window. I found this out after I lifted my truck and put bigger tires on it.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Rule #1 don't pull into a truck stop if your little truck has stacks.

Rule #2 don't pull into a truck stop with a little truck with stacks wearing a chain-drive-wallet.

Rule #3 don't pull into a truck stop with a little truck with stacks, wearing a chain-drive-wallet...and call a real trucker 'good buddy'.

:D

:rotflmao the first two dont apply if your rig is a crew cab flat bed and you have a mohawk! At least thats my experience. (hint i have stacks and a chain wallet)

I dont think id every call a trucker "good buddy", sounds like a real good way to ask for a real bad ass whoopin.

Punk

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I dont think id every call a trucker "good buddy", sounds like a real good way to ask for a real bad ass whoopin.

Punk

It most assuradly is LOL Think about it and i bet you can figure out what the slang meaning of that is :eek::rotflmao

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
That's the truth..."Good Buddy" don't mean what it used to fer sure....let's put it this way..."sword fighting buddies"

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rotflmao the first two dont apply if your rig is a crew cab flat bed and you have a mohawk!

Dunno about the whole chain-drive wallet thing, but having an old dually that is obviously a work truck and not a pretty boy's truck (home-made push bumper, single home-made stack painted black cause it's cheapest, orange lights on top of the cab, every hitch imaginable out back, etc.) has never caused me any grief at the big truck pumps. I'd imagine it also helps that I go for the "cash" pump (usually the first one closest to the building), and that I'm in and out in just a few minutes - bathroom breaks and coffee and all that happens once the truck is fueled up and pulled into a parking spot, cause going about your private business while your vehicle (any vehicle, big trucks included) is tying up the pump is just asinine to me.

JPdrvinmylfawy

Reaction score
Biggest irritation against smaller vehicles is leaving your vehicle sitting at the pump while you go in to pay/***/make a phone call, buy somehing or otherwise hold up someone that is in a hurry.

In my opinion motor homes and tour busses were the worst offenders.

Amen Just pull up after your done and all will be fine.

G. Mann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooooo.... THAT explains why Flying J no longer has the best diesel price in town.... Pilot was always higher.... so much for the capitolist system.... we lose again.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
PUNK!!!!!!

Long time no see!!! Good to see you back on here....!!!! Sorry for the derail...

I like the Flying J's and the Lows truck stops. The J's have the RV pumps and dump stations, the Lows have dump stations. I have even seen a few offering potable water for the rv's and such.... I find I prefer any station with a diesel island. The station I normally use (until they hit 20+ cents higher than the other stations) has a diesel island, over out of the way. With 1 on road and one off road. The trucks, and few VeeDubs that fuel up. are curtious just like you say. The only think that makes me mad is the gassers that think it is ok to park infront of the #2 pumps.... and then look at me like I am an a$$hole sitting there waiting.......

gatorman21218

Reaction score
thats my pet peeve. At a gas station with 15 gas only pumps and 2 shared gas/diesel pumps, why do people only use the shared pumps? I just pull up within a foot of their car and just idle away, letting them know in a not so subtle way that they are inconveniencing me

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats my pet peeve. At a gas station with 15 gas only pumps and 2 shared gas/diesel pumps, why do people only use the shared pumps? I just pull up within a foot of their car and just idle away, letting them know in a not so subtle way that they are inconveniencing me

I bet those people are wondering why that ill-mannered guy in the truck doesn't move to one of the other pumps. LOL

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember: pullup to the pump, guy pumps the fuel, checks the oil, checks the radiator, checks air in tires, washes the windshield, takes the money and gives you the change with a smile.

Midnight Rider
Then some "waitresse" comes along, says "Hi. I'm Delilah. I will be your waitresse."; she checks that you do indeed have a paid meal-ticket, asks if you need anything; and, then she disappears, never to be seen again.

Then they expect a good tip.:rotflmao :rotflmao

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gatorman, if it's a shared pump I'll just wait patiently no problem, but too often I see gassers in front of a diesel-only pump - now that's just being ignorant!

Oldbull, that must have been before my time - actually I don't trust anyone with my truck, especially since one emo kid in forgot which state that madates full-service fuel stations went for the gas nozzle on the shared pump, even tho the fuel caps do say diesel fuel only... On the other hand I was mixing some gasoline last winter filling up with the plastic card, and the attendant GIRL flew out from the building like a bat outta hell screaming and hollering that it's a gas pump and not a diesel - now that's some good hearing she must have had, and some great observational skills!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online