Trade trucks?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
We all have reasons to buy these old trucks. We also have reasons to get rid of them from time to time. That's why I'm not trying to sway you in either direction. Ultimately, it's your money and your choice.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this truck 2 years ago and got rid of my "modern" SUV because I don't appreciate having electronics and computers in my vehicles. It's not so much about the money for me as it is the practicality. If I break down I'd like to at least have some chance of getting it home and fixing it without involving a dealer or mechanic.
The best vehicle I ever had was a '64 Ford Falcon. Straight 6, 3 on the tree, manual choke.
But I like having, and often need, a truck. So here I am.
I just didn't know how loud the diesel would be, and how limited the C6 is, and how rough-riding the 3/4 ton would be. But that's on me for not doing more homework and being in a rush to make a change.
I should have been more patient and done more research and maybe got a 1/2 ton with a 300.
But I can live with this.
My dads daily for the last 15 years was this 61’ Falcon. Straight six. Baby never let him down. I mean, sometimes it had a dog day, but he’d get out on the side of the road with a flathead screwdriver and duck tape and get back home. But talk about reliability, she always drove the roads.

It’s our project now, toss up between rally edition or sleeper… or who knows!?

Attachments

• 94AC9D75-50EE-43A7-A7A0-BBCA7E001346.jpeg
    94AC9D75-50EE-43A7-A7A0-BBCA7E001346.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 11

77 F-250

Reaction score
I added two layers of sound proofing under the floor mat. It's not new car quiet but better. A turbo will reduce exhaust noise. Do you still have the insulation under the hood? Have you pulled down the headliner and insulated the roof? 33's fit under stock truck and act as an slight overdrive.
I'm working on the third evolution of my 87. LEGO's as a kid warped my mind. The bed rotted out a decade ago and I made my own. These trucks are head turner's. Customize it how you like it and you won't be able to let it go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online