truck history

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well my trucks history is a long one but an interesting one
so if anyone else has a story with youre truck post away here

so it was bought in 88 as a stock f250 4x4 auto with red paint xl interior

the original owner sold it to a tow truck company who added a tow bed and f superduty leafs. they blew the motor and put in a 7.6 stroker reman from some company i dont rember.

then it was a repo truck the 96 bed was added it was repainted (the bed) to match stock colors and a inbed lift was added.

then it was sold to a lumber company without the towtruck lift. they swapped in a e350 axle because the stocker blew out idk how
they put on a new front clip because the stocker was rusting out real bad along with a new tranny

then 2 joe smoes who drove it a bit

finally the p/o. he added a hitch welded and gusseted rated way above necessary and a second tranny warrentied to 30k gcvwr
he used it a year or two to toe his 18k bumper pull trailer with skidsteer and plowing accessories

then i saw it at 15 years old sitting along the road with the trailer attached and said damn i want. so 4 grand later it was mine

at 16 got my permit and started to drive it

since i had it ive
removed the cap and filled the holes in the bed rails
replaced drivers floor boards
added xlt 4 door front seats
mounted a high lift jack behind the seat
new front bumper
95 front clip
cb upgraded radio and speakers
headache rack and tool box
removed gp controler
added a better air filter
removed ac and almost all its accessories
and problly some more
and the regular maintence

hope you enjoyed my trucks histroy lets hear youres

mel this means you too theres some noobs who still dont know

Black dawg

Reaction score
ive had some that would be interesting to know the history. what did the tow company use an f250 for?

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no idea problly was a good deal and the older years 250 and 350 are very similar so 250 plus springs or 350 the 250 would be cheaper
and i was told it had some sorta quick lift on it then and they used it in tight spots where a drw truck wouldnt work well

HankHill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck was owned by a factory from 93'- 08' always kept inside, a local roofer bought it and worked it, started to lose business and it sat for half year, then I bought it this april with 70k original miles on it, only put 6k on it so far. But dont be fooled just because a vehicle has low miles doesnt mean it wont have flaws haha

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
My 91 was love at first sight. Dad bought it with a blown motor and no clutch. It was a repo. His shop needed a truck and she fit the bill. Soon he know I wanted so he keep fixing it up. When we got it there wasn't a stright panel on it. Mom told me dad would never give it to me. After the divorce he tosed the keys to me :D Mom hates my truck to this day. LOL

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Dodge through a friend of a friend. It was 13 years old with 85k miles on it, only problem was the paint was falling off. I am the 3rd owner. The 2nd owner bought it when it was only 3 years old and put 50k on it over 10 years. I have had it for almost 7 years and I have put another 78k on it.
Travis..

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
My silver truck was bought new in 1985 in VA where it was built. Original owner moved to California, head gasket blew at 100,000 miles during 1999 (probably overheated in the desert). Owner died about 2005 after a long illness. Truck sat parked for almost 8 years in a carport, was sold by Widow for $25. I found it on CL for $400 in 2008. Perfect body, new paint, Great interior, just needed a new engine. I rebuilt the engine and drove it 500 miles before it was stolen Feb 01, 2010. Starter quit on the thieves and I recovered it on March 16, 2010. After a few repairs, I am now driving it again. Getting ready to have my Alcoas shipped from New Hampshire to California so I can roll in style.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
not sure prior to sitting in a barn for 20 years, but my scout was found in a barn in reading, pa. my friends cleaned up some wood and scrap and the guy gave them 2 scouts, my friend put all the good parts onto mine, including swapping on the half cab. i bought it low and sad when i was 17 with 53K on it. i put on a 4" lift and 32" tires and did the rust repair (its a scout so there was rust!! lol) and had it painted. i drove it for a year and the engine popped. then i started the 3 year 6.9L swap. tons of hours building, fabbing and assembling . now it's got over 18 inches of lift (over factory) 37" tires and one mean and nasty 6.9L. i love my scout! ;Sweet

-Jon

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
My van had only two owners. The first one was the United States Government FAA. It was prepared to house a telescopic mast with antennae in the back with many equipment for tracing and monitoring airplanes. I still keep some of the equipment that came with it when I bought it with only 15,000 miles on it.

Now this humble farmer, after removing all the stuff, put some cabinets and partitions and uses it as a BOV kind and vegetables delivery truck.

I'll write the history of the farm truck later, it's much longer.

Burt.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my f250 under a tree up the road from my house where it has set for the past or so years. The guy was looking to move so he sold it to me for pretty cheap with 138k, he stopped driving it because he thought he ruined the tranny so he parked it and bought a dodge.

Rain had gone down the cowl and sat in the intake, but a shop vac took care of that and with some new batteries it fired right up. Come to find out the brake lines were rotted and broke on the way home and the tranny was fine but the tcase was messed up.

The guy I had gottin it from was given the truck by his dad 8 years before when he was in high school. His dad had bought it to pull trailers between WI and CA. He gave it to his son who wrecked the front within the first month of having it. On top of that he ran it around in the mud pits before he parked it.

When I got it it needed brake lines, batteries, a new flywheel and clutch, the ac and window motors repaired, a new tcase and window wiper motor. I replaced these parts and drove her hard my sophmore and junior high school years. The first motor died halfway through my Senior, it ran out of compression and could barely start. It had around 168k and had run the last 20k on wmo and wvo when diesel was 5 bucks a gallon.

I bought an 85 f350 cab n chassis and swapped its 6.9. I popped the clutch and spun the rear yoke on the pinion so I swapped in an ls rear from a 96 f250 cc. I wore out the dana 50 so I swapped in a 60 from a 91 cc. When that wore out I swapped in another d60 from an 87 cc dually 4x4 that I had picked up. I also upgraded to hydroboost brakes which made a hugh differences when hauling heavy.

It is now in the process of another makeover which started a few weeks ago. The red interior is going away and a tan eddie bower is taking its place. I have a couple lund visors, a set of 16x10 eagle alloy rims and alcoas, a 96 front clip and a 94 turbo idi motor that all need to be swapped in. I also have a 3 pod pillar and a full set of boost, pyro, and tranny temp guages, air bags, and an electric oil pump that keeps oil flowing to the turbo after the motors shut down. On top of this I just installed a set of 4in lift springs.

In 4.5 years she has been a great truck, and will continue to haul heavy trailers until I find a good deal on an 85/86 f350 cc.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My grandfather bought my truck brand new in 1985. I was helping him move back when I was about 13ish, and since he had other trucks, he promised me the truck when I turned 15. At 15y.o. the truck was given to me on my birthday. I have since done everything in my sig to it.

Oh and the truck had 113K on it when I got it ;Sweet

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow some of those were great more than i expected keep um coming guys

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
I bought my truck off a guy who used it to pull a small welding trailor (about 5-7K total). After he did that for a few years he got another job and used it for a DD until he bought a diesel Jetta and put it for sale. He was the second owner, the first owner from what i can gather bought it and kept it for 9 years and put 70K on it. I also have a good majority of service records from the second owner and he did most of the major thinks (IP, water pump, regular maintaince, AC recharge).

I got it with about 130K on it and it was in good shape...just dirty cuz the PO never washed it. It was also papp'd out with camper top, running boards with lights in the rocker panels, grab handles on the side and pizza cutter tires...but it did have true duals.

Nothing to exciting but whatever it towed it wasnt ******* the truck because it ran well, trans shifted great and was pretty decent for ita age.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh, not much history with mine...
I bought my truck new in 1988...and pampered it everyday of it's life > > > make me an offer. ;Really

johnboggs21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure some of the trucks on here, especially the older ones have some interesting history behind them, so if ya kno the story lets hear it.

My ole rig is over 311,000 miles, and hasnt had any major repair work done to my knowledge. Their was a recycling company that owned it originally and they used it to pull a 5th wheel on a daily basis. After that grandpa bought it and used it as a farm truck, pulling trailers and hauling stuff ya kno. Now i have it, and i probly drive it harder than any of the previous owners, but it doesnt see the extreme use it used to. Mostly I haul firewood with it, along with the occasional tractor and load of scrap iron. Still gets to tug a farm wagon every now and then. In short she's led a hard life and seems to be taking it pretty well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online