First Truck need Help

Utkin

Reaction score
So I got my first truck a couple weeks ago. its a 93 f250 with the 7.3 idi non turbo. and when I switch from the front tank to the rear tank it acts like it doesn't receive any fuel. but the tank is full. what could be the problem.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my first truck a couple weeks ago. its a 93 f250 with the 7.3 idi non turbo. and when I switch from the front tank to the rear tank it acts like it doesn't receive any fuel. but the tank is full. what could be the problem.
It's the fuel selector valve........it's always the fuel selector valve. After that it'll be the water separator if you still have one. After that you'll be loosing fuel pressure at a quarter tank, that's the "shower heads" in your tank. These engines ARE the fuel system. If you're new old truck sat for a length of time I recommend that you go on and clean up and refresh as much of the fuel system as possible. And as soon as you get that taken care of then the o rings on the injectors are going to want your attention. Once you have it so the fuel stays where it's supposed to and goes where it's supposed to, your new old truck will just go, and go and go.........

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I just saw that you're in PENSACOLA!!!! I'm in Crestview!!! Viva la majestic NW Florida!!!

Utkin

Reaction score
I was just wondering cause my trans isn't what it use to be and I'm starting to look for a higher gear ratio for better MPG and possibly down the road turn my truck into a 4x4 instead of a 4x2.

SouthernIDI

Reaction score
First thing i did with my truck when i got it was update the entire fuel system. Removed all the factory line, removed both tanks, removed factory fuel filter and lift pump. Installed a 38 gallon bronco tank with a sump, ran all new CPE nylon braded fuel line, installed a E fuel system, and thats what ive been running the past 6 months.
The factory fuel system is prone to air intrusion. Start at the tank and work your way forward inspecting everything. You could have a leak at the sending unit head, a clog in the pickup tube, or as mentioned about, the selector valve is a huge issue.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering cause my trans isn't what it use to be and I'm starting to look for a higher gear ratio for better MPG and possibly down the road turn my truck into a 4x4 instead of a 4x2.
Then yeah, it's definitely doable.
Panhandle Driveline on Avalon in Milton is your only option for a driveshaft being made, unless your transmission donor truck has exactly what you need.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First thing i did with my truck when i got it was update the entire fuel system. Removed all the factory line, removed both tanks, removed factory fuel filter and lift pump. Installed a 38 gallon bronco tank with a sump, ran all new CPE nylon braded fuel line, installed a E fuel system, and thats what ive been running the past 6 months.
The factory fuel system is prone to air intrusion. Start at the tank and work your way forward inspecting everything. You could have a leak at the sending unit head, a clog in the pickup tube, or as mentioned about, the selector valve is a huge issue.
Yes, the key is getting fuel to the engine.

Utkin

Reaction score
thanks for the help on the fuel system its all figured out and working perfectly. but once in a while when I throw it in reverse it bogs down do you know why that happens?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online