Truck has no electrical power, I mean nothing!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So does this mean you had dirty connectors at the batteries??? Glad you got it up and running anyway.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
The only clean battery cable is a "shiny" clean cable....Been there, done that, seen it a million times...If I had a dollar for everytime I've had a trucker in the shop complaining about a no-start or no-charge issue without cleaning his connections first I'd be retired....It doesn't have to be green to be bad....Dark grey and black is just as bad.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only clean battery cable is a "shiny" clean cable....Been there, done that, seen it a million times...If I had a dollar for everytime I've had a trucker in the shop complaining about a no-start or no-charge issue without cleaning his connections first I'd be retired....It doesn't have to be green to be bad....Dark grey and black is just as bad.

I agree with everything you just said.

But, only from my own experiences, on my own stuff, I have thoroughly cleaned and securely fastened many a set of cable-ends, and managed to get the battery to whirl her over a few more days, and wind up having to replace the battery, not everytime, but most times.

My thinking is that a slight film of oxidation will prevent a questionable battery from having the **** to penetrate through the oxidation; whereas, a good cable-end cleaning will allow enough contact to go for a few more days.

On the other hand, a good HOT battery has the power to arc through the oxidation and make a circuit.

I am not saying that one should not regularly clean the cable-ends, as good clean connections will make everything perform to it's peak.;Sweet

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yea you should be running at least 14.5 volts after the initial drop after starting. still sounds low

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online