Truck got loud and fast? for a moment

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shut it off and called Towcat. After about a minute I fired it back up, and it wouldn't make the sound anymore:dunno. It hasn't done it since.

What did TOWCAT do in that minute, some kind of IDI voodoo dance or what ??:dunno

He must be pretty good if simply giving him a call cures the truck's ills.:rotflmao

zpd307

Reaction score
i noticed mine has done this 3 or 4 times in the last 3 months or so. it will all of a sudden accelerate more quickly on its own. i cant say it was rattly. it felt like a gasser with a dead spot in the tps. i let off quickly and it didnt do it again. i put a fresh filter on in late november.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
What did TOWCAT do in that minute, some kind of IDI voodoo dance or what ??:dunno

He must be pretty good if simply giving him a call cures the truck's ills.:rotflmao

Not sure what he did (other than clam me down a bit because I was worried that I'd lost another engine:eek:), but if it was an IDI voodoo dance, it worked. I called him to find out what could have caused it. Everything seems to be working fine now, and I hope it continues to. I had just been "playing a little rough" with it before this happened (A Honda cut me off and sprayed the front of my truck with gravel:mad:, so I stomped on it to catch him:backoff and ran the boost around 8-9psi for about a half mile... Oops). I took it out last night and was afraid to run the boost over 2-3psi until I made sure it wasn't going to happen again. I got it up to 5psi a couple times today with no problems. I'm going to install my CDR from NAPA tomorrow and then I'll resume "normal" driving.:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online