Truck for sale. Was "need a mechanic who can work free in TN"

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
If you are going to the trouble to make some good cables, the little extra effort to solder before crimping will make for a better cable.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll make sure to get a higher gauge so this one doesn't just fall apart, I think thats why the first time it burnt up someone used a smaller gauge....

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll make sure to use that good ol solder iron....

ok I just thought of this this will be good quote from Joe Dirt

"you talking to me all wrong, it's the wrong tone, you do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron" LOL I just couldn't resist thinking about that

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You understand that your not changing the gauge unless you change out the cable... ;Really

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incredible, just incredible.LOLLOL:rolleyes:..........to think I was going to get my fence built this week --- spending too much time checking this thread.:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Rick

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
If you are going to solder it on, get a propane torch. Unless you have a soldering iron that is industrial, heavy duty, huge. A propane torch works great and is quick. Heat the terminal itself, push the solder into the wire and fill the "cup" of the terminal. let it cool and then cover the burnt insulation, exposed wire, solder, and part of the terminal with a length of heat shrink.

its ford service approved

punk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are going to solder it on, get a propane torch. Unless you have a soldering iron that is industrial, heavy duty, huge. A propane torch works great and is quick. Heat the terminal itself, push the solder into the wire and fill the "cup" of the terminal. let it cool and then cover the burnt insulation, exposed wire, solder, and part of the terminal with a length of heat shrink.

its ford service approved

punk

They actually let you guys FIX stuff????:eek:

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Well actually no. I on the other hand will go straight to the service writer and give them a second option.

An 80's something beat up work truck with a hard start is at the dealership cause the other shop couldnt figure it out. When its an old "ratty work truck" it usually ends up in my slot. Unlike the norm of going straight for the fuel system, I start the thing and see what it does when I try to start it.

It isnt common but it should be. Done a few new ends and now have a few customers that will return, or at the very least are happy. At the end of the day, thats what drives me. Fixen what the other guy cant and haveing a happy customer.

punk

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
punkmechanic,

That is the difference between a mechanic and a technician, in my book. Being certified as you are I know you have the tech title, but mechanic is in your blood;Sweet;Sweet

Last edited:

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope your not talking about me the only thing I am certified to do is change oil, well at least that's what Valvoline sais LOL ;)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the one I have is actually with my step dad to go pick up the part I told him to the 00 gauge....

You understand that if the cable isn't 00 gauge, that the connector will not fit? The wire should just slide in maybe even a little snug, and then you solder it. If your cable is too small, the connector will have too much slop and you will not have a good fit.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I told Todd to take it to O'Reilly's and told him to ask them to match up the size and make sure it fits good...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online