Truck for sale. Was "need a mechanic who can work free in TN"

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I hope your not talking about me the only thing I am certified to do is change oil, well at least that's what Valvoline sais LOL ;)

Everyone has to start somewhere. Changing oil competently is good; better in fact than many quick change places can manage. Even while changing oil, you can observe and learn what others are doing. The secret to becoming an excellent mechanic is observation, and analysis. "Anybody" can swap parts. Learn why, and you will be on the road to becoming a real mechanic.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I have a small book of ford certifications and still do an awful lot of "lube oil and filter" on stuff. At first it was a pain, then I realized I could look for issues that may have been overlooked or gone unnoticed thus far. Then suddenly my days where less stressful and I had a lot more work to keep me busy.

punk

A certification is a piece of paper, it says that someone somewhere thinks you are capable of the job at hand. Experience is knowing what the hell your doing, or at least being able to figure it out. With experience also comes the ability to ask questions and get the needed information to do the job correctly.

Last edited:

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I have a small book of ford certifications and still do an awful lot of "lube oil and filter" on stuff. At first it was a pain, then I realized I could look for issues that may have been overlooked or gone unnoticed thus far. Then suddenly my days where less stressful and I had a lot more work to keep me busy.

punk

A certification is a piece of paper, it says that someone somewhere thinks you are capable of the job at hand. Experience is knowing what the hell your doing, or at least being able to figure it out. With experience also comes the ability to ask questions and get the needed information to do the job correctly.

My first job ( indication of age coming) was as a commissioned "gas island salesman". i.e. gas pump jockey--but with a twist. We were all on commission--I have never heard of anyone else who did that for commission, but the owner was smart--if teenagers are lazy--they certainly won't work for commission.
Anyway, back then, everything was "full service". Everyone thinks "full service" is just extra stuff to do while the gas is pumping. Not for me---everything was a sales opportunity.
Clean the windshield--check the W/S/W blades
Check the oil?--sure look at condition of the oil ( when was your last change?) look at belts and hoses, etc
Check the air in your tires? Of course--tread is getting thin, shocks are leaking oil etc.

Now there were plenty of guys who did illegitimate stuff to sell, but not me; never had to. Most cars were (are?) rather poorly maintained. An honest sales guy can make a decent living at it.
Wish I could get that same job again.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, got my new connector and I am going to install it tomorrow YAY!!!!!!! $3.75 all copper..... from carquest

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the right thing. Now put it on and take another picture. ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i see on the packaging the lettering says 4/0.
either that is meaning it fits 4gauge to 0gauge
or it means 0000gauge.
thoughts anybody?

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watched a videa last night on youtube and thid dude was cranking a 6.9 an he forgot to plug in a battery i can't believe what a differance one battery can do

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
i see on the packaging the lettering says 4/0.
either that is meaning it fits 4gauge to 0gauge
or it means 0000gauge.
thoughts anybody?

It meas 4/0 once you go to zero gauge you go bigger so 4g 2g 1/0 which is 0 then 2/0 and 4/0 which is some nice thick wire.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so does that mean that I got some good wire? or what... I think that wire is over 20 some years old to be honest bout it

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much amperage does it take to actually make copper become cherry red.... like my last connection...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online