Transfer Tank Plumbing?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a Chevy truck at work that has the transfer system like you describe, with a computer board that controls the transfer from one tank to another. It's factory, so I am sure it's approved by the DOT somewhere along the way. Possibly your Chevy firetrucks have the same factory system, or possibly the system was installed by the firetruck body people and is already approved?

bockhold

Diesel Addict
Reaction score
hmm i was wanting to add a under toolbox transfer tank and pipe it in. but now i have to figure that out on how to do it and not get in trouble.

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Just stop and ask a DOT officer. They may know the law or not. Some states it is legal to do it some its not. It is one of those gray areas. One state says yes one says no and it causes issues. Its like the tinted windows laws, some are 5% some 10% some 15% its a pain to spend 200 getting a tint job on ur car in one state just to move somewhere else and get a ticket and have to take it off. Were the general public, the gooberment is going to screw us one way or the other.