tow truck push bumper

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tow truck bumper originally off of a 78 f350 but I changed the mount and had in on my 1988 f450.

$100 or make offer

Attachments

• 0406120927a.jpg
    0406120927a.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 102

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been looking for one of those since I got my truck. :confused: Just wished you were closer. Shipping would kill me.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not for nothing but the people worrying about shipping, you can look into places like Greyhound and the prices are actually pretty reasonable for over sized items. Just a thought if you want something bad enough.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you give me weight, height, length, thickness and the zip from where it would be shipped? (If you are interested) I am interested if the shipping is somewhat reasonable. I will look into it from my end.

Need to know shipping $ to make offer on the part.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will get the weight and measurements, its over by my parents place so it will be a day or so until I get over there.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the avg weight of those bumpers is about 400-500lbs. not only are they used to "push" cars, they are also a counterweight to the loads hanging off the ass end of the truck.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If anyone here would know the weight of this it would be towcat... He has a tow fleet...

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the avg weight of those bumpers is about 400-500lbs. not only are they used to "push" cars, they are also a counterweight to the loads hanging off the ass end of the truck.

Thanks. What's then General consensus, to much for ttb F250?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. What's then General consensus, to much for ttb F250?
how solid is your front end? if it's got miles, it's a bad idea.
yours should be a supercab, therefore a d50 front.
i have two takeoffs on the ground. not sure if I am going to put them back on but am 100% sure that I won't let them go for as cheap as ADV is letting his go for.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how solid is your front end? if it's got miles, it's a bad idea.
yours should be a supercab, therefore a d50 front.

Yep, supercab/d50. Just did lift kit (springs, shocks, brackets), replaced all steering linkages, & pivot bushings last summer ;Sweet. Was going to remove 1 spring to slightly lower the front end and smooth out the ride a little, but if I do this it should lower it and smooth it out.

Would like a front push bumper, & I think it would work. I am just looking for input if it is worth it :confused:. Thanks Towcat and all who might pipe in for your input. Sure would be an easy decision if it was a 350 and/or I had the d60.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, supercab/d50. Just did lift kit (springs, shocks, brackets), replaced all steering linkages, & pivot bushings last summer ;Sweet. Was going to remove 1 spring to slightly lower the front end and smooth out the ride a little, but if I do this it should lower it and smooth it out.

Would like a front push bumper, & I think it would work. I am just looking for input if it is worth it :confused:. Thanks Towcat and all who might pipe in for your input. Sure would be an easy decision if it was a 350 and/or I had the d60.
if you got all that work done already, then yes, it's not a bad idea to put one on. it's a no brainer as far as intimidation factor is concerned, the problem is the aggressive level goes through the roof with my drivers when they have a pushbumper truck in their possession. i've seen the results when a foreign jobber gets steamrolled by a pushbumpered towtruck. it's very expensive.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's a no brainer as far as intimidation factor is concerned, the problem is the aggressive level goes through the roof with my drivers when they have a pushbumper truck in their possession. i've seen the results when a foreign jobber gets steamrolled by a pushbumpered towtruck. it's very expensive.

I had a local Deputy Sheriff turn left on me when I had a green light and he had no Christmas tree lights or anything tonight. Almost took me out. Kinda wish I had the bumper then, I just might not have slowed down. :eek:

We have some very "interesting" local officers. I usually stay sane, but when he almost runs me off the road, the flies down the street almost taking out several other vehicles in the process (all with no lights/warning of any kind), I get a bit ticked off. :mad: (I guess this could be a whole new thread. :D)

Edit: thought that I was one of the only night owls out here on the left coastLOL

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a local Deputy Sheriff turn left on me when I had a green light and he had no Christmas tree lights or anything tonight. Almost took me out. Kinda wish I had the bumper then, I just might not have slowed down. :eek:

We have some very "interesting" local officers. I usually stay sane, but when he almost runs me off the road, the flies down the street almost taking out several other vehicles in the process (all with no lights/warning of any kind), I get a bit ticked off. :mad: (I guess this could be a whole new thread. :D)

Edit: thought that I was one of the only night owls out here on the left coastLOL
nope.
i am setting up the work for my employees in the morning, doing computer uploads/downloads and occasionally dispatching a towing call. all that and trawling OB, FB and CL. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat