To Moose or not to Moose that is my question

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Well your kinda correct but. What happens in the Baby Moose is differant from any other "stock rebuilt injection pump"... I would put Mels builders work up against any reputable rebuilder out there. I know the Moose Products will come out on top. As I have posted many times before. I have had two Moose pumps and my next pump will be the Baby Moose. I will dyno both on my engine before I install one of my Hypermax intercoolers. That way we will have the best of what most members will be running. Then as time and money allow I will dyno with the intercooler on both pumps. Anyone want to donate those small green pieces of paper in the purses or pockets. Just a couple of giggly room greenys will do fine...LOL:sly:D:angel:

Well, OK, I'll donate.... BUT- you have to PROMISE to only use the money for research. And NOT research like "Hmm, I wonder if a case of Coors will chill faster in my fridge than a case of Bud??"...:D:D

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
Now i think the complete opposite. I run a 750 on a 429 and it runs just fine(even have room for more if needed)

A baby moose will out fuel a stock turbo, so there is no need to put a moose pump on, and over fuel it even further. On top of he hardly tows or runs it hard.

i say save your $$ and your fuel and get a baby moose

-And it will damn sure overfuel an N/A- even at the proper delivery setting fresh from the rebuilder.

Brad, I think Hell might have just frozen over- I actually agree with you on something..:rotflmao

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Neither, but my brothers 92 has a Hypermax turbo and it is turned 1 flat on a stock pump and it is still getting too much fuel. THERE IS NO NEED FOR A MOOSE pump for the OP or most of the turboed 6.9/7.3s out there

yeah, mine smoked just as much with a stock Turbo pump.
It seemed the greatest gains with Mel's pump was midrange power and boost production. It did NOT seem like it was simply a matter of throwing more fuel on the fire, there is more to it than that.
you should really get some more knowledge of the situation before advising other people with your extensive experience.

good luck with that 92.

Drew

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
-And it will damn sure overfuel an N/A- even at the proper delivery setting fresh from the rebuilder.

Brad, I think Hell might have just frozen over- I actually agree with you on something..:rotflmao

No that funny right there, I dont care who you are ;Sweet

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
When I'm due for an exhaust I'm probably going to put a turbo on the scout, I had full intentions of a twin turbo setup when I built it, but I had a few bum used turbos so I went n/a with the mosse pump and it runs sweeet! Gotta watch the go pedal because it'll blackout the road in a hurry!

-Jon

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I spoke with the OP on the phone, and we decided to Baby Moose it. The main reason - where he lives. After all, everybody in PA knows NJ is the armpit of America, and corruption is fine but polution is not. :rolleyes:

LOL

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
holy crap... kudos to him for even living in Jersey... I left in '98.
I have no idea how any of my half dozen vehicles could pass inspection there.

they used to stomp on the throttle to see if it'd pollute.... I can't imagine that working on a turbo'd vehicle. Barely worked on my oldsmobile :)

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
holy crap... kudos to him for even living in Jersey... I left in '98.
I have no idea how any of my half dozen vehicles could pass inspection there.

they used to stomp on the throttle to see if it'd pollute.... I can't imagine that working on a turbo'd vehicle. Barely worked on my oldsmobile :)

Non commercial vehicles over 8500lbs with diesels are inspection exempt.;Really I took my '02 7.3 Excursion to the state agency and they flat out refused me:eek: I am not sure of the newer emissions laden trucks though. You are however subject to the local or state barney giving roadside inspections for bald tires, broken glass, non functioning lights and such. Excessive smoke may get you nailed as well.

As far as stickers, the 02 7.3 and 91 IDI are sticker free in the windsheild.;p

Twostacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took mine to MV inspection about a month ago and found out that any diesels pickups older then 1996 are exempt from emissions testing in Jersey no inspection sticker issued, but like Goose mention the State troopers and local cops can and will inspect your rig if they deem nescessary. If you have commercial plates then it a different set of rules applies