Tire stem extensions.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Has anyone here with a dually found a decent tire stem extension that fits well and actually lets you check the air in the rear tires?...I find both rims to be a PITA when it comes to checking the tire pressures....I've bought a couple things locally with no luck.:dunno....I was going to call the local RV places next.

OnDaRoad

On the road ....
Reaction score
Best thing is looong stems ....

Best thing is looong stems installed for your
inner rims on the rear - I just had an extension
hose snap off and lost all my air.

Commercial tire shops should have them ...

Jim

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I need something, my Kelly MSR rear tires have like 2000km on them and I want to make them last - wear evenly.....I don't drive the truck much so they should last a long time.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just don't get the cheap ones, get the kind that has a SS braided jacket and a clip that will pop rivet to the outside rim. Wheelmasters makes them for around $37 US.

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Times two on getting the stainless ones from a RV supplier. If find out what a set from our supplier is. I think we deal with Stag-Parkway and I love the extensions we get. Lazy drivers will actually check the air in the tires now.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about the hoses that tie both tires together? I saw a dump trailer that had those on both axles....

zebrabeefj40

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about the hoses that tie both tires together? I saw a dump trailer that had those on both axles....

I'd rather not do that. Twice I've flatted one of the duals on my truck while driving. With the tires separate only one goes flat...

Nick

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd rather not do that. Twice I've flatted one of the duals on my truck while driving. With the tires separate only one goes flat...

Nick

What he said. I take those stupid equalizers off every time we get a new motorhome with them on it.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here with a dually found a decent tire stem extension that fits well and actually lets you check the air in the rear tires?...I find both rims to be a PITA when it comes to checking the tire pressures....I've bought a couple things locally with no luck.:dunno....I was going to call the local RV places next.

yes.here are the ones i have that work great:
http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Dualies-18180-Degree-Extension/dp/B002L9J0ZY

http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Dualies-18000-Stainless-Extension/dp/B002L9J0SQ

be sure to have the tire shop install metal valve stems.

when you have a flat on DRW truck out back,you don't even need to stop to change it.you can simply drive to the tire shop (probably not when loaded,but empty anyway) you don't even know you have a flat unless you check the tires regularly.id never do anything to loose this time saving advantage.:)

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Camping world carries a pretty decent set. It's real nice being able to actually reach the air fittings on your rear tires.