timing cover adadpter for RDT??

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I've seen it on here before, but can't seen to find it.. Going turbo soon, and was going to remove CDR, and build a RDT using one of the relocators that bolts to the front gear cover. Looking for the source and price of one. I thought it was a banks piece, but can't find one now.. Help! Thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look in the parts bin in our technical articles. The Banks part number is listed in there. You can call them and order one directly.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Towcat (Calvin) has a friend that makes these better than the Banks adapter...:sly

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
i just welded a short nipple onto the timing cover plate and then just use pipe fittings and a hose barb i used a 90 then a hose barb, cost me about $5 and a little weldin

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just welded a short nipple onto the timing cover plate and then just use pipe fittings and a hose barb i used a 90 then a hose barb, cost me about $5 and a little weldin

I should have done this, I even have an extra cover I could have used to try it on. I also should have ordered from Banks directly, instead I ordered from Diesel Power Pros, which was the only place I could find, in a short search online, that had them listed.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!
I've added my complaint about them to the Hall of Shame thread, so I won't get into it here.
However, I can tell you that, Bank's had to make it after it was ordered, so if you do plan on ordering it from them, give yourself a couple of weeks to ensure you have it. Cost was around $58 from DPP, I'm guessing it's cheaper from Banks.

Good luck!

MoMo

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG, I just got mine in and it is not right. At least, it's not what I thought it was going to be, but in all fairness, it's my fault. So, I'm sharing with you, if you order it, be sure to specify that you want the adapter that bolts to the front of the motor where the injector pump cover on the timing cover goes.
As it is, I got the 'CDR relocator' that is designed to relocate where the CDR bolts to the intake piping on the sidewinder kits for the 83-87 6.9. I guess there's some clearance issues with the firewall and this pipe brings it around to make it accessible.
So, I will be making my own now, and have just wasted $60 and over a month waiting on it.
What a bummer!

MoMo