Throw out bearing too big!!!!!!!!!!!!

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I know Im in the IDI section but frankly theres not much action in the first gen forum and Im kinda stuck. I have a first gen C in my F-350 and it had an Allison trans beind it. The Allison:puke: took a crap on me so for the lack of funds I bought a getrag. Supposedly its a 91 model but the throwout bearing I bought is too big. Noone has that bearing in stock locally so I had to order it. So I guess what Im gettin at is. Is there a way to tell what bearing to order? I would really appreciate any input this shouldve been an easy swap but its fought me the whole way-cuss

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well some bearings have numbers on them made by like "National", but I dont see why you would have gotten one that was too big.... The GETRAG was only around for a little while, so I wouldn't think there would be too many different variations of it....

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure either but it is and It didnt have one on it to get a number off of so Im not sure where to go from here.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bearing is the same 89-93, I have the trans out of my 89 in my 92 and had no issues re-using the bearing from the 92. The part number I have is 614070 this is both a Timken and National number. You can however get just the bearing without the holder, that is National part # 2065.

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it but I left it at the shop. The shaft that the bearing rides on looks to me like about an inch in diameter and the bearing they gave me looks like maybe its an inch and a half or two inches.

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bearing is the same 89-93, I have the trans out of my 89 in my 92 and had no issues re-using the bearing from the 92. The part number I have is 614070 this is both a Timken and National number. You can however get just the bearing without the holder, that is National part # 2065.

I didnt think about it having a holder I bet thats what Im missing. Is 614070 the part number with the holder?

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang man, sounds like you are having my kind of luck!

yeah but 82f100swb just helped me figure it out I looked it up at Oreillyauto.com and thats exactly what the problem is. I guess I will get that ordered tomorrow. Thanks guys for all your help. If I werent such a ******* I would have known without asking and now I really feel like a *******.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
But you did get it fixed here. Thats why most of us are here helping others learn... Now you can pass it on to someone else...

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
yeah but 82f100swb just helped me figure it out I looked it up at Oreillyauto.com and thats exactly what the problem is. I guess I will get that ordered tomorrow. Thanks guys for all your help. If I werent such a ******* I would have known without asking and now I really feel like a *******.

Hey that's how ya learn. Just like when I was having issues getting the clutch bled on mine. Everyone that dad and I talked with kept saying there was still air in it when all we were getting was fluid. Then I found a vid on powerstrokehelp.com showing the arm placement under the dash. Solved it right quick. Even though dads mechanic friend said that that couldn't cause it.

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I really appreciate all the help. I try to help when I can but my memory is not so good. I tend to forget all the good stuff like that. Also this is my first Cummins so Im still learning. Dont get me wrong I like the IDI cause they're cheaper to work on but really like the idea of a Cummins in a ford.

Last edited:

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Hey, there ain't anything wrong with it. I like both. And I think a dt360 would be cool. But I need a dd so doing a swap like that is out for now! After the snow we had I want to put a d60 under it.

91fummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I've been thinkin about that for awhile just need to find a donor or actually two I guess

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zemmeron

Members online