The Official "Show Us Your Ride" pictures of member's trucks thread.

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is my ugly beast

You must be registered for see images attach

there are major changes in the works.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
My truck when I got it a little over 3 years ago:

I like that night picture. I really need to upgrade my mirrors and am considering doing what Corey did to his truck and adding the turn signals like you have. I am on the fence however, as to how a srw truck will look with the full size west coast mirrors on it. A dually or a flat bed really help to make a west coast mirror look like it fits in place.

Nice pictures, this thread is really progressing nicely.:thumbsup:

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
Last edited:

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, these pics are in roughly chronological order.

First, here's the first International-Harvester IDI I owned...a 1984 E-350 cargo van that the previous owner did a DIY interior conversion on. 6.9l, C6, 3.54 gears, and pretty much no factory options. She was a great van; only big problem (other than the slushbox, lack of a/c, and lack of cruise control) I had with her was that I became a cop magnet :shocked: I bought her in 2000, and sold her in 2002 after inheriting the truck:

October 2000; this pic was actually taken the day I first went to look at her before buying her.

July 2011, pretending she's one of the big boys (at the Petro truck stop on CA 152 at CA-33 for the locals :D ). This was actually taken while driving down to Los Angeles to bring the truck home. A friend of mine rode down with me and we caravaned back.

(the van and the truck together, sometime in 2001 shortly after getting the truck up from Los Angeles to the Bay Area)

And, now, here's a series of shots of my truck over the years...

December 2001, and other than the lumber rack, pretty much as the truck looked when I inherited her. Nevermind the long-haired freak standing at the rear corner :D

January 2005, after putting new 255-85R16's tires on the truck. She looks mean, but those tires made the truck handle terribly...and, with a trailer strapped to the truck, the handling went from "terrible" to "dangerous" :shocked: Learned a valuable lesson about the importance of stiff sidewalls, and replaced those tires with stock tires four months later. Note that the lumber rack's now black; I pulled it in 2003 to sand down and repaint it. Unfortunately, the quality of the steel used in building the rack was so poor that, even with grinding down to bare shiny metal, sealing it, and putting at least two coats of primer and five coats of paint on the rack, it started rusting through less than two years later (even before I moved to Pacifica) :shocked:

March 2006, towing my second M-B diesel ('79 300SD) home from Los Angeles. This shot was taken at the Kettleman City truck stop where the I-5 meets CA 41, for the locals :D

December 2006, romping around in Hollister a bit ;Sweet

Later the same day, about to drive home from Hollister.

October 2011, after living in Pacifica for just under 5 years. This picture doesn't really do justice to the rust damage the salt air's done to the body...it's truly a sad state of affairs :( This pic was taken in Los Angeles shortly after removing the lumber rack. The difference in cab noise and fuel economy is nothing short of amazing since ditching the rack! My only regret was not having ditched the rack ten years ago.

October 2012, with two other OB members' trucks (I'll let them identify themselves :D ) on Pismo Beach at sunset ;Sweet

Hope you enjoyed :angel:

Pismo was fun! I wish my truck would have been done though. Maybe it will be done next time. Haha

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Heres my pickup, 1992 F250 7.3L IDI Remote Mounted PSD turbo under the bed, and the rest of the mods are in my sig, the only thing not in there yet that im still waiting on the part is the new upgraded Billet Wicked Wheel II

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
I like that night picture. I really need to upgrade my mirrors and am considering doing what Corey did to his truck and adding the turn signals like you have. I am on the fence however, as to how a srw truck will look with the full size west coast mirrors on it. A dually or a flat bed really help to make a west coast mirror look like it fits in place.

Nice pictures, this thread is really progressing nicely.:thumbsup:

Thanks. I can't really say about the mirrors. One of the very first things i did was the flatbed because the OE bed was shot.

I change stuff on my truck so fast it's hard to keep pictures up to date.. :D

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Pedro,

She looks nice. I like the little bit of under bed mounted turbo - I like things that are done differently.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pismo was fun! I wish my truck would have been done though. Maybe it will be done next time. Haha
I hear that...that's okay, my project isn't anywhere near finished yet either. Hopefully we'll both have something to show off next time around ;Sweet

CERTAINLY a great time ;Sweet

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All info in my sig.

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score

custom gauges

exhaust video

add a ladder rack and that pics current

g31 mod

bit after bringing the beast home

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pedro your truck is huge! it looks way ****** than my crewcab in that first pic.

heres my heap. First big truck ive owned. my gf showed me a local classified ad for it, guy wanted 2k firm. I was a little hesitant on the price but first time ive seen a crewcab for sale in this area of this era so i said screw it why not.
1 wheel drive, automatic custom, no power anything. I later found out the trans pump was leaking internally so i swapped it over to a zf5.
things that ive done to it. new load range E tires (it had load C before), new rad, tons of bodywork, waterpump, starter, rebuilt oil cooler, new battery wiring, beru GP, have a fresh I{ and injectors to go on, tint, cage.
was toying of the idea of doing 4x4, but thats alot of money, but id be pretty happy if it just had a friggin locker, 1 wheel drive is USELESS.
After i graduate in a few months and hopefully get a nice job, ill definitly put a locker in this one, and probably just keep my eyes out for a nice 4x4 crew

how it looked when i got it

how it looks now

I really want to space the rear wheels out 2.5 inches per side. i hate the look of tucked wheels, and it makes climing over the side of the bed more difficult lol.
recently knocked down 19.5 mpg avg on a 1000 km trip.
Alsp the west coast mirrors are a bit much with srw, but the visibility vs the tiny stock ones is well worth it. Although id prefer the rv style ones

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey ford i know you mentioned somewhere before, but what lind of mileage gains did you have with the front air dam?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online