The New NMB2 build is alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmoguy

Reaction score
well, i havent read on here of anyone else using a db2/db4 hybrid pump. or a cam that actually provides more lift and doesnt just have an aggressive cut. how "special" does it have to be before it's a big deal?

he made his manifolds, up-pipes, everything. he definitely has a more unique idi than anyone elses that i've seen. why not give him kudos for the work hes done.

I'd have to agree with ^ . Justin does deserve some props for his work. His build is FAR from bolt-ons like most of us do. Besides the pump, that manifold design is pretty darn slick.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This build runs longs plans I have had in my head for years, but didn't have the money to toss at building. I am impressed, but at the same time, it is running how I was expecting it to.

As for the whole sensitivity thing, I know Justin outside of the forums, and I'd lean more towards him poking fun at you guys rather than being sensitive about what you say.

As for the non functional temp guage, thats a pretty minor infraction compared to some of the things I have done with a fresh engine... No guages, no charging system, no fans... Hell back when I was 16 I remember taking my 300 for a test drive with no front clip at all, just the rad supported with some angle iron... LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I really don't think members are poking fun at this builder. I feel some are saying they wouldn't turst running an engine without some sort of instramantation telling them whats going on. A person hopefully wouldn't attempt to drive across the country with no fuel gauge or speedometer telling them how far they traveled before they require a stop for fuel. Surely we all have done "things" in a rush to see or here something run. Dad always said if it could be used before its done it will never get finished... I have seen that happen many times. Its even happened to me more times than I will confess too...:angel: I feel for the most part we as a collective want to see this build and all its glory. Nobody wants to see it fail because of no coolant gauge. I aplaud the thought and work that has gone into this build. I feel for that so lets see more on this build....

bobbywalter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This build runs longs plans I have had in my head for years, but didn't have the money to toss at building. I am impressed, but at the same time, it is running how I was expecting it to.

As for the whole sensitivity thing, I know Justin outside of the forums, and I'd lean more towards him poking fun at you guys rather than being sensitive about what you say.

As for the non functional temp guage, thats a pretty minor infraction compared to some of the things I have done with a fresh engine... No guages, no charging system, no fans... Hell back when I was 16 I remember taking my 300 for a test drive with no front clip at all, just the rad supported with some angle iron... LOL

my truck is built to run without a front dog house...the radiator has its own support setup. they broke in quite a few sbf for race cars in this chassis, just takes a few hours to swap engines. now with the diesel its even easier.

You must be registered for see images attach

I really don't think members are poking fun at this builder. I feel some are saying they wouldn't turst running an engine without some sort of instramantation telling them whats going on. A person hopefully wouldn't attempt to drive across the country with no fuel gauge or speedometer telling them how far they traveled before they require a stop for fuel. Surely we all have done "things" in a rush to see or here something run. Dad always said if it could be used before its done it will never get finished... I have seen that happen many times. Its even happened to me more times than I will confess too...:angel: I feel for the most part we as a collective want to see this build and all its glory. Nobody wants to see it fail because of no coolant gauge. I aplaud the thought and work that has gone into this build. I feel for that so lets see more on this build....

this is pretty funny, i have driven across the country in the truck above with no speedo or gas gauge a few times....speedo was worn out.

Black dawg

Reaction score

you have not lived until you take a long trip with no gauges at all.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Come on guys, quit nitpicking! Give the guy a break! He did all this work and waited all this time and he was just anxious to drive it. Most of us probably would have driven it without the temp gauge too.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had nothing but praise for his work. If you go back through the details, the only thing I ever said negative was his conduct and his methodology of proof. I never said he couldn't build a motor!

Damn impressive audio. And not a keychain turbo to be found!

If I pick on his video, well that's just because I was getting sea sick.

wmoguy

Reaction score
I've had nothing but praise for his work. If you go back through the details, the only thing I ever said negative was his conduct and his methodology of proof. I never said he couldn't build a motor!

Damn impressive audio. And not a keychain turbo to be found!

If I pick on his video, well that's just because I was getting sea sick.

you needn't apologize Mel... those that aren't butthurt can see the difference between lambasting and a little light humor

bobbywalter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sigpic16337_4.gif

this kills me...LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You guys that will drive with nothing telling you mph or fuel used have a bigger pair than I do.. I give you props for taking a chance. For me its not going to happen. I have 6 extra gauges telling me way more than any sane person needs to know. I'm watching everything but differantial temps and water pressure. I will have a water pressure system some day. I have a 1/2 inch port in the top of my radiator tank. If I loose pressure or coolant level it will alarm me long before I loose all the coolant.. Been there and paid for it. Don't want to visit there ever again... I want to run my new build too but only if I can moniter whats going on. I try to protect what I have done to the extreme... See below pic...

Attachments

• DSC00193.jpg
    DSC00193.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 29

94IDIT

Reaction score
You guys that will drive with nothing telling you mph or fuel used have a bigger pair than I do.. I give you props for taking a chance. For me its not going to happen. I have 6 extra gauges telling me way more than any sane person needs to know. I'm watching everything but differantial temps and water pressure. I will have a water pressure system some day. I have a 1/2 inch port in the top of my radiator tank. If I loose pressure or coolant level it will alarm me long before I loose all the coolant.. Been there and paid for it. Don't want to visit there ever again... I want to run my new build too but only if I can moniter whats going on. I try to protect what I have done to the extreme... See below pic...

Dang! People must feel more like they're climbing into the cockpit of a plane rather than the cab of truck LOL

Last edited:

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Gary, your gauge-pod looks like something I would do....leave all the wires exposed..... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online