The 2008 Ford is out!!! Check it out not much info though?

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
10-4 on the oldies.I drove a 2006 and liked mine better.Even if it is old and a little loose I like the way mine steered,compared to the new one, more feel of the road,felt more comfortable in the seat.Maybe I am stuck in a generation gap.The only thing I liked was the more pulling power thing.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've said it before and I'll say it again. If Ford motor company wants to survive against the competition, having a good product is one thing, having the SERVICE to back it up is critical. Years ago american business wrote the book on customer service. Unfortunately, the quarterly earnings pundits found SERVICE to be an easy animal to kill off. The long term sucess would be the ultimate casualty. MBZ and Toyota studied the book and quickly and quietly got their duds taken care of by taking care of the customer so they won't raise a fuss. Ford needs to relearn that chapter on how to keep customers coming back with a no-BS service. I went through the whole warranty nightmare on a 99f450 recently. MVFT was more than happy to warranty the rubber duct hose from the airbox to the turbo. They openly admitted they were responsible for a $40 hose. They denied responsibility for the turbo that got taken out by the debris from the bad hose. Two years later, they paid. They also wound up paying for the legal costs too. As the judge said, this all could have been avoided if Ford applied some common sense to approving the warranty on the turbo;Sweet

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
I'm thinking thats part of the reason that the domestics have raised their warranty lengths. By the time the first owner (IE: big buck buyer) is ready to sell, they're still on warranty. Thus, possibly making them come back to the same brand.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I have to agree with towcat, several people i know bought some cougers and escapes when they came out and had terrible customer survice. they went through so muck on simple repeat problems they dumped the cars ASAP. they have since swarn off ford for anything but toilet paper. trust me i have to hear the stories over and over because one of the guys sits behind me at work. he will tell anyone who will listen his sob story and talk them out of a ford and into somthing forign with great customer survice.

i love my truck but he does have a point, i realize thats not everybody but he did mention websites of tons of people like him. i really hope ford can pull it together and make it though so i can rub it in his face someday.:D

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm thinking thats part of the reason that the domestics have raised their warranty lengths. By the time the first owner (IE: big buck buyer) is ready to sell, they're still on warranty. Thus, possibly making them come back to the same brand.

Offering a warranty and servicing a warranty are two totally different animals as towcat said. Fixing the hose but not admitting that it could have caused a turbo issue is poor service. Of course there are those that try to take advantage of a warranty as well, not that you have to look farther than this bb and some of the posts therein!