Tech articles - how to keep them alive

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was giving away the link to the Fuel System Servicing article over on TDS, and when I went to cut and paste it, I realized that by default, my view is only for posts within the last 10 days, and for a second I thought all the tech articles were gone, except the sticky one. This made me wonder if folks who browse that area, if they will see all the articles or not, unwitingly constraining their view. Perhaps they all need to be sticky? Just thought I'd bring that up.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good catch Mel, one of the things I did when I registered here a year ago is set my default views in my profile so I could see the maximum number of threads per page and going back to starting date rather than say, last 10 days or whatever all the options are. A sticky is a good idea as well.

Mike

Snowman269

AKA: DDDENIO
Reaction score
One of the reason's I still go back to TDS is to view "The Little secrets" that a moderator built over there. How could we build a comparable dictionary for the masses to pull data from. Obviously it would need info for all 3 brands.

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
Just my 2¢ but I don't think we should "build" a little secrets type of thing. I thought it was sort of cute at first but now I'm of the opnion that's its more of a self absorbed obsession.

What I would rather see is a FAQ section regarding tech as opposed to one member (even be it a moderator) taking credit for stuff that he had no part in other than be in a position to create "Little Secrets" in the first place.

Snowman269

AKA: DDDENIO
Reaction score
Ok Roland, I see your point. A FAQ's section with actual data for us to add to and reference with would be great! Thanks for the input!

BTW, I love the ebolamonkeyman avitar! I started recieving crap from those Nigerians & started messing with them, but I didn't have time to keep up with the emails and they musta caught on that I was just leading them on. One you reply to one, you end up getting dozens of scumbags sending crap.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online