"Tank" my 91 Crew Cab Dually

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I actually o-ringed my front cover plate. Chucked the banks adapter in the lathe and cut a groove in it too. In retrospect, it’s cool but I think it’s leaking. The front plate deforms a little when you snug it down. If I ever take it back off, I’ll probably just silicons the front cover to the banks adapter and leave the inside oring if it looks alright.

Shiny. [emoji16]

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't you remember talking about them at the rally? LOL

I took the mirror heads off a van, then put them on my factory brackets. I was planning on getting ahold of you whenever I get around to putting the correct mirrors and brackets on after how awestruck you were at the rally lol!

EDIT: If you're like me and don't really care about the origin, you might be able to do the same thing with a set of the older gooseneck mirrors from a Chevy. I know they were pretty similar.
Now I remember!! Doh!!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont the gms run an actual power steering cooler? May be a necessity with less bypass in our pumps.

Well I've been thinking about this a little bit. Do the newer Ford trucks have a real cooler under the grille? I would like to mount one like OE GM did on the 2000's trucks with hydroboost and the towing package. I'd prefer to use a Ford part if I'm buying new so I figured I'd ask.

Although truthfully the GM part looks pretty darn complete having brackets and hose with it...

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-15295843-Steering-Cooler/dp/B00F66TFH2

Pic is not mine and was swiped from a dirtymax forum.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak for the newer trucks, but you could always use a regular ten row cooler like what I used for my fuel cooler

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak for the newer trucks, but you could always use a regular ten row cooler like what I used for my fuel cooler

That's a possibility. If I don't go with a Ford part I might look at a Dodge cooler though because looking for pictures of the GM one I stumbled across this one.

The made in USA part is nice too lol!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after getting my master/slave cylinder swapped out I haven't driven it more than once.

Last night I needed to hook the trailer up for this morning. I had my driver's wiper not even touching the glass, which can be pretty infuriating when you forget until you get road salt splattered all over your windshield.....

I bought a new wiper and at least the tips were touching the window now. Pulled the wiper arm and conpared it with a spare. Tension felt the same but somehow the spare arm had more of a bend to it? Sure enough, put it on and now my wiper works again, thank goodness.

Do OBS arms have the hook instead of the stud and will they fit a bricknose?

Trailer is so much easier to back up now that my power steering actually works, but it's been growling a little lately. I'm gonna have to get that fluid change done pretty soon.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you can order a wiper arm for a 96-97 and it should be hook style. I changed mine out. Can’t remember where I got them but the paint has already started flaking. Must be good stuff. Sitting in the garage all the time is normally ******* paint.

[emoji849]

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes you can order a wiper arm for a 96-97 and it should be hook style. I changed mine out. Can’t remember where I got them but the paint has already started flaking. Must be good stuff. Sitting in the garage all the time is normally ******* paint.

[emoji849]

I'd bet they just spray them without priming them. Saves money and they look good until they're used and unreturnable....

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks MUCH better. The old cracked housings were REALLY bugging me. Yes I have to change out the middle one still but we had to leave to visit family.

I'm very glad they fit right because the old housings practically disintegrated while I was removing them. Time will tell if I need to put some sealant on the new gaskets or not. They fit pretty good for Chinese parts but we'll see.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that those go better with the color of your truck than the originals did.

I agree completely. I was worried about how dim they look during the day but at night they look as bright as the stock ones.

I am old fashioned when it comes to my style. I wasn't sure I would like them at first, but I got looking at them online and I really do like them.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those harbor freight ones don't look bad, but they're not the 80-97 styling. These were direct fit which was so nice. Needed a screwdriver and a scraper to make the swap. The scraper was only because the old gaskets have adhesive on them.