Studs and Gaskets

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me......ehhh,right now the trucks are farthest from my mind....my little green buddy passed on this week. :cry:

Freight_Train

Reaction score
Well,thanks for reminding me Tim......But I will say that this week the trucks are the last thing on my mind.My little green buddy passed.Little Fred and me have been together for 20 years.He will be missed.I hope in the future to have one of his cousins filling in the void in his abcense.

But on a better note,The head gasket set and ARP studs showed up today.Whoo hoo.Again,sorry Ken,I really didn't want to spend the extra money for your studs when I don't plan on really needing the extra strenth.But your 7.3 sets are still on the "To Buy" list.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.9 studs Ken sells are ARP. The 7.3 Studs are the expensive and stronger ones. I ended up getting the ARP's from Ken cause the Summit ARP's were on Backorder. Scotty

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
beretzs-

If kenstud=ARP then why are ARPs rated at 190,000psi and kenstud 220,000psi?

82fordtruck

Reaction score
freighttrain, did you read my post a few days ago about 6.9 studs? I don't have a 6.9, but this should work - can't see why it won't. You'd be the perfect person to try this. You work at a machine shop, right?

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NB, I am not sure what the deal is, but when I bought studs, the 6.9 studs Ken sells are ARP, in his big 6.9's he drill out the bolts in order to use the super 7.3 bolts, he ditches the 7/16 stud entirely. At least was the word the last time I heard. Scotty

Freight_Train

Reaction score
I'll have to do a little Research when I get to work monday.Check the thread specs and see if it would be possible to drill or just retap.