Steering Box Adjustment

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Well the steering got adjusted not by me by someone helping me, they kept insisting to keep adjusting it until it bottomed out. Even though that was not the problem. Is it possible to figure out where it once was before it got screwed all the way in? Took it up the road and said hell no!!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Back the adjusting screw out 1/2 turn and drive it. Do this till you find the feel you want.... Sorry but no magic position on this item. Tell your "mechanic friend" not to help you in the future. Sounds like he doesn't know what he is working on....

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Ya it was my uncle trying to help me. I dont really like having people help me on my truck, I am really picky about some things... If I dont get the feeling I like. Can I unbolt a box from another truck and put on mine or does it have to be a certain box from a certain year? I seen one out of a 95 f150 that I got the steering shaft out of that looked really easy to get out since the front clip and motor was gone!

Black dawg

Reaction score
same gear ranger to f 350. some difference in steering effort but all interchange.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Ok sweet, I guess next friday im gonna get one just to have since there pretty cheap there. Is it just 3 bolts and some lines and its off?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell your "mechanic friend" not to help you in the future. Sounds like he doesn't know what he is working on....

Long long ago, I acquired the habit of closing the hood and putting away the tools whenever "help" came nosing around.

Those who have absolutely no business with a wrench in their hand like to brag around that "I helped so-and-so fix his truck", and would have those that listen believe that it would still be in pieces were it not for their mechanical prowess. cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online