Steering and suspension

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
Waz up guys
I have a 93 f250 7.3. Idi that I bought about 8 months ago. Whit in two days of having noticed some oil stain which was red and traced it back to the power steering pum.
When driving also noticed that my turning radius wasn't that good the TIRES would hit stabilizer arm inside the fender well.
So 4 months ago I went ahead and got new tie rods new ball joints new gearbox new pivot bushings and new power steering pump.
That helped out my turning a lot not great but it would work but still notice one in a while a drop of powersteering fluid on the ground.
Last week I was walking to my truck and noticed that my trucks front end was sagging.
And today I go to the dump, and took a trailer with drywall from a demo job but nothing that big with a lot of weight and when I was backing up a guy that was working the ire and was guiding me in told me that the truck was leaking oil and then I felt a jolk so I stopped and got off and noticed that my serpentine belt was hanging and a stream of oil with pressure looked like it was coming like from gear box.The belt didn't rip it just came off the pulleys. Does anybody know why my power steering keeps leaking.The pump won't hold no fluid as Deon ads it comes on the stream is fast. I have a 2 inch lift specer on the springs and I have the Nitto Dune GRAPPLERS LT325/60 R18 Tires

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Does anybody know why my power steering keeps leaking.

Check the return hose, possibly worn through where it *sometimes* rubs on the steering wheel shaft if it's flowing out as much as you are saying.

I have a 93 f250.........................................When driving also noticed that my turning radius wasn't that good the TIRES would hit stabilizer arm inside the fender well...............................I have a 2 inch lift specer on the springs and I have the Nitto Dune GRAPPLERS LT325/60 R18 Tires

:frustrate

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2wd? You’re crazy! Get rid of that spacer and put some smaller tires on, that is the root of your issue. By design of the 2wd front end you are adding a ton of camber by using the spacer and there’s no way to correct it in the suspension geometry.

You can run those tires in the back but get some smaller for the front, tires smaller than 275 will not rub in the front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online