Starting to build my wmo collection/filtration setup .

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

It's only a little progress but I'm still excited :D . There will be a platform over the generator and pump which the PS pump and motor will be mounted to. The centrifuge will be mounted in the drum, under the lid. I'm going to put some rubber tires on the base to make it easier to move around and load on to my flat bed trailer. Eventually it will be mounted on it's own small trailer.

More progress soon :D

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slightly more progress, lol.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
looks good, keep it going! one thing i found out the hard way is that it seems like you can point to every fitting and go $5 + $5 + $5 etc. LOL

on a side note that genorator looks exactly like mine except mine is much more worn. it was given to me and works but i the labels are long gone. any chance you can take a pic of the label on the generator side. i dont even know the output of mine.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this what you're looking for?

subway

Reaction score
Yep that looks like the label except I can't read mine, thanks!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've made some progress but it still isn't finished.

I picked up some 10" rubber tires. This setup is pretty heavy so having it be able to roll will be great.

I found a practically new 1/2 HP variable speed motor. It is spinning an Acura Legend power steering pump. I'm not sure if it is going to work with the current pulley sizes .. it pumps ~1gpm. It makes a VERY annoying sound when sucking oil but it's quiet when it isn't sucking oil ....

My suction hose came yesterday. I ordered a 2"x20' Tiger flex hose from Amazon for ~$60. It came with (1) female and (1) male camlock. I plan to remove the female camlock and mount it to the pump. Then the male side will plug in to it. On the other end will be some PVC that will be submerged in the oil.

Any advice on the annoying power steering pump sound?

I'll post pics soon.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've made some progress but it still isn't finished.

I picked up some 10" rubber tires. This setup is pretty heavy so having it be able to roll will be great.

I found a practically new 1/2 HP variable speed motor. It is spinning an Acura Legend power steering pump. I'm not sure if it is going to work with the current pulley sizes .. it pumps ~1gpm. It makes a VERY annoying sound when sucking oil but it's quiet when it isn't sucking oil ....

My suction hose came yesterday. I ordered a 2"x20' Tiger flex hose from Amazon for ~$60. It came with (1) female and (1) male camlock. I plan to remove the female camlock and mount it to the pump. Then the male side will plug in to it. On the other end will be some PVC that will be submerged in the oil.

Any advice on the annoying power steering pump sound?

I'll post pics soon.

Build a sound proof box around the pump & motor, run the lines through it. Just kidding
I've kinda wondered the same thing. I use a PS pump to push my wmo as well.
Good job on all this, looks and sounds good.

subway

Reaction score
got a differant pump you could try? mine is not that loud

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gas pump FTW. Makes transfers faster than a fuel station!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have another one at the moment. I guess I will just run it until it burns up. This particular pump is a gear pump, maybe I will try a vane type next time.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent all day today trying to work out issues with the pump. I now think the sound was the belt slippinng. If I tighten it to prevent any slipping it just freezes after it starts sucking oil. When the hose is submerged the pump just freezes and I have to work it back and forth yo get it to spin again. Then it immediately freezes again. If the suction hose is partially sucking air it spins fine. I guess this pump just can't handle it .. I barely reached 80 psi for a second before it froze and the gauge was bouncing all over so it wasn't even a steady 80psi. I'm so frustrated. It wasn't even sucking thick oil, just clean transmission fluid.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After reading about other people having issues with the post-80's Acura legend pumps I learned that the one I was suppose to get was an 80's ... So I grabbed one today and started working on it a few hours ago ; in the dark with numb fingers :) . After making a mount for it and running the lines I turned the pump on and .....no suction. So I put my finger over the suction side to see if it would build suction and it didn't ..instead it built pressure, &$&$!! So apparently this pump that is only a few years older spins the opposite direction. ***. Tomorrow I get to switch things around and try again.

Edit: Does anyone know how to reverse the motor? That would be much easier.

Last edited:

subway

Reaction score
flip the pump around so instead of them both facing the same direction (motor and pump) they would face each other. that is what i was planning on doing but lucked out with a honda pump spinnning the same as my motor.