WMO pressure centrifuge using Spinner II 60SE - general thoughts?

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up 5 Spinner II Model 60SE (120 gallons per hour I believe) pressure driven centrifuges for a song and would like to utilize several of them for processing WMO. Any tips on how to best do this? I posted a couple of videos showing the basic setup I'd like to try for, I figured I'd post here to see if someone had some better thoughts.

I have a 55 gallon barrel as well as a motor and carbonator pump. I also have an old Dieselcraft pump and motor setup. Both are 1/3hp. I'd like to mount 2-4 of the centrifuges to the barrel for quick processing. Space is limited.

My collection setup will be a trailer mounted tank, either a 39 gallon or 80 gallon tank turned into a vacuum super sucker. I'll collect oil and then dump straight into the 55 gallon barrel with filtration down to probably 10 micron or so.

I cannot fit an IBC tote unfortunately.

I am basically attempting to do a setup like either of these two videos, but with much bigger centrifuges.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Centrifuges pictured below, the Dieselcraft OC-20 has a damaged rotor from being used with WVO and rusting out. I put it in there as a reference for size.

You must be registered for see images attach

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took one apart, it's basically the same as the Dieselcraft, but much larger. They run at 2GPM, so to run 4 I'd need an 8GPM pump or larger. I've got a 11 gpm hydraulic pump attached to a PTO that I am going to figure out how to connect a motor to because I found a calculator that says I'll need .67hp to run 11 gpm @ 90 psi.

So it's looking like I'll be able to mount all 4 to the top lid of a 55 gallon barrel. I'll make a stand and house the motor and pump underneath the barrel to save space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online