New To WMO. Many questions. Any thoughts?

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ran used ATF from vehicles of my own in my generator and air compressor; both are IDIs and it runs well. I do have a tranny shop right down the street from me, but it is a chain, so they might be hesitant to sell/give it to me. Anyone buy WMO? I've seen some people want around a $1/gal on FB marketplace. I was thinking 50 cents/gal is more reasonable. I've gotten a lot free too!
Head out of the city and talk to some local farmers. They have to pay to haul it off. I pickup from a few on an annual basis. They just setup a tote and agreed that it would be oil only.. no coolant/water, etc.

drewr13NJ

Reaction score
Head out of the city and talk to some local farmers. They have to pay to haul it off. I pickup from a few on an annual basis. They just setup a tote and agreed that it would be oil only.. no coolant/water, etc.
This sounds like a good idea. If I run low on feedstock, I'll reach out to some of them. I work at a grain elevator and should be able to network with local farmers no problem!

Blackfuel Blender

Reaction score
Just joined but have been mixing since off and on since during our last price spike. I have clean bulk containers labeled and set at a local delivering feed mill (several trucks at 10 G a change) and a 10K acre farm (lots of oil!). Keep an empty handy, use their forklift and switch them out. Ran a '96 Powerstroke and our ag and yellow iron on 50/50 for several years until fuel went down. Most on here seem to filter or centrifuge their oil first, then mix. I batch run a digital meter proportioned tank of 60/40 D/wmo now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online