Starting an 093 turbo install on my 91 F350

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm getting ready to put the turbo on the pedestal. DoI use the paper gasket with the rubber 0 ring? Seems wrong. If so e one could let me know I'd appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 8

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I don't know why it comes with both. I used just the o ring, works just fine so far.
Nice progress!

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm getting ready to put the turbo on the pedestal. DoI use the paper gasket with the rubber 0 ring? Seems wrong. If so e one could let me know I'd appreciate it
I just use the o ring when the machined spot is there. The gasket is for non o ring versions. no leaks

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's in finally. Wish I would have known about having to clockboth sides to get this thing to fit. Made a call and found out that it's practically impossible to install without the pedestal on. So you live and learn. Now the new problem. The nub on the up pipe- can I cut it off. It's keeping the pipe from fitting up.

Attachments

• IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 20

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting to get busy, and I need this done. Starting to hear about it. Any other things I should know? Throttle cable issues, etc?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Reroute the throttle cables so they're away from the hot side of the turbo, thermal insulation would be a good idea.
As for the up pipe, what nub are you talking about? Only mod I had to do was to the down pipe, had to pancake it out a little to fit past the zf bell.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pointing to it in the pic. Where the pipe mounts to the turbo. Rectangular end. Looks like a casting nub to grab or??? I can't screw around anymore just gonna cut it off.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And as far as the trans dipstick tube goes. Can I get it in later order it need to be done now. Hypermax wants 130 for a tube and stick for the e4od they are thieves

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I don't see why you can't cut it off, bolt it up and send it!

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a real hard time getting the up pipe in. The 2pcs are bonded together so I have to put it in as one. Are the pipes trans specific?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I don't believe so. That was an early banks thing, they used to.

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have took care of a few more items and I think I can see the finish line. Turbo is set, and plumbed the oil feed to the block. Put the new replacement turbo glow plug wiring in, moved the gpc to the fender. new return kit. I broke the tps while laying across the motor, so I need to get one of those now. I covered all of it with plastic loom(?) think that's what it's called. Crossover pipe is in. Now I need to get the exhaust figured out and find some fittings that I can use to rig up an air cleaner. I can't afford to relocate the overflow just yet, and I seen a airbox on ebay but I think the price is a little high. So I'll pipe it across to the open spot behind the ac compressor. And that is the next job--air conditioning!!! Not another summer without it
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and a catch can, and trans dipstick and tube. Sitting here looking at the pics and I'm like , oh man I still need this other stuff. Damn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online