Starter shenanigans...

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
the plate for the IDI's are all the same, the PSD starter will not work, no way no how. they are 1 inch shorter. the idiot at your local store is going by looks, not actual function. BTDT.

Actually, I'm the idiot that said they look identical.. What does BTDT stand for?

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eeeeeevil Shenanigans!

I guess no one here ever seen Super Troopers? No matter. Glad to know all this starter information.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to get this thread back on track right meow.

I'm getting a liter of cola and hoping this guy gets the right starter.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Say car Ramrod!!!

We installed the high-power Denso-style stater from DB Electric this summer, this here thing:

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-8477-new-starter-ford-van-f-pickup-truck-73l-non-turbo-1994.aspx

Can't speak for its durability as it's only been a few months and the truck doesn't serve daily driver duty so it runs only a few times a week, but the cranking speed of this lil monster is nothing short of impressive. Like, on a hot engine, it makes for practically instant light off. You'll only use 2 bolts to install it, and they'll need to be a bit longer than the factory ones, but that's about all the mods you'll need to make it work.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, I'm the idiot that said they look identical.. What does BTDT stand for?

HAHA, Im just unimpressed with almost all parts KIDS, had to explain early ignition systems to one that gave me the 1000 yard stare when I asked for points.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can still get those! (Not for a diesel obviously!)

Every once in a while I get questioned by the parts jockey why I mess with such ancient stuff - well, 20mpg and enough power to spin 30-something tires in 3rd gear thru an intersection on a hot summer day, that's why. Usually shuts 'em right up LOL Dangit, now I kinda wanna go find me a Holley to play with...

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stuck one on my C70 (427 tall block). Now it's a race truck. :)

56:1 in 1st and low. About the same speed as the Deere pulling a brush-hog.