special tool required???

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems I have developed a flat spot in my RPM range. I wouldn't think a motor with 60k would have injector issues, but..... So I'm thinking of swapping out the injectors and maybe the IP with some rebuilt units. Are there any special sockets required to pull the injectors on our idi's???

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. And go to Diesel Fuel Injection Service
(503) 235-1947 MArk is the owner.
Tell them I sent you. You will get a good job.
They will test the nozzles for free. Also how is the fuel filter?

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Russ, thx for reference for DFI, will do. I'd be tempted to pull mine out and take them over, but its my daily driver. I'm thinking a new set would be easier for downtime. Fuel filter is good just changed it 10k ago. butttt with the WMO I sometimes run, I should probably swap it out sooner than 15k mark. I do filter the WMO with a sock down to 1micron, but who knows.

tractorman86

Reaction score
15k! i dont dare let mine go that long, maybe 6-8 if i dont have the time but usually only about 5.(it may be over kill but i never have to worry about it)

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I never thought it should be changed sooner. But if you figure fuel fitlers are good for a year of avg driving, and avg driving is 15k miles a year. I guess its about avg cycle time. Maybe I should change it out and see if things improve.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always change the filter first when you have a power problem. All my latest fuel problems were filter/bad fuel related.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
jimraelee, I have a set of injectors that I can drop off at dfi for you. When mark is done with them you can pick em up, swap them in and then give me your old one's ( i like haveing spare parts around). just shoot me a pm or something and let me know.

punk

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks Punk. I'm going to swap filters first. I will keep you in mind. That would save me from having to buy a set. thanks.