Somethingscummins

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well it finally happened looks like I will explore a new path, yesterday I got a new work horse for the house. Some how I feel I should mention it here in the basement since this is where I spend most of the time.
Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 101_0550~1.jpg
    101_0550~1.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 101_0549~1.jpg
    101_0549~1.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 28

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Looks good EZ. I take it you wern't able to find a perkins conversion in the right price range? Either engine is going to be a great replacement. Good luck with the transplant.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes I really like the Perkins too, I talked to both gentlemen You refereed Me to and they sure are knowledgeable but there are no kits available and I'm not much of a fabricator for plates (to bad Geo is so far) so I went with the most common cummins but also fun to work on.

We could have a cummins conversion on this forum, there are lots of guys interested but the few places I know of don't have much traffic if any don't know why.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mel's going to have a meltdown when he sees this.
It might be interesting to see how the trans does in your ford. at least the cost of the ZF adapter plate can be avoided for a while.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I heard very good reviews from the getrag, easier to rebuild for the home mechanic too. I do now it leaks and needs to be overfilled to last longer and that is why I was using the zf but this one comes with everything on it and the times I've driven it it feels just fine not butter like My zf but no grinding either.
I love the IDI, but I can't stay too long with out a project and have looked at this engines for some time studying all I could about them. They sure are fun to play with.
I feel grateful for guys like Mel that put out of their own time and money to develop new things for our engines like He does.

I wish there was a cummins conversion forum on this web site, I spend most of My time just checking new posts and there are so many guys doing this kind and other engines swap it wold be cool to be able to discuss all this on the same web site, this forum can't get much better than it already is but a new engine swap forum would be appreciated.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a cummins conversion forum on this web site, I spend most of My time just checking new posts and there are so many guys doing this kind and other engines swap it wold be cool to be able to discuss all this on the same web site, this forum can't get much better than it already is but a new engine swap forum would be appreciated.
ez-
i just dropped a line to homer.
stay tuned;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Calvin Thank You :Thumbs Up

Al_E , I been reading about this swap for over a year bothering member of this great site to learn what would be best then I got lucky and a guy called Me to sell the truck I wanted.

I'm in the process right now, I will do all the upgrades I can to the engine while it is on the donor truck and then just put it where it belongs :D