So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored two more 2WD ZF5s. One is missing shift rails, and has a welded up bellhousing. It also needs a new input shaft. Other has a broken bolt hole and slave cylinder mount, but has a slave cylinder mount off of the PTO port. If the welded up case is okay, then I might try and make one good tranny out of these two. Gave $10 a piece, should at least be good for some parts. Have a good 2WD ZF5 from my ‘90, and the 4WD ZF5 tranny in my 86. I’m thinking if/when I swap to Dana 60, might put a 2WD tranny in and a NP205 case, if I can do it without lifting more than 3”. Starting to think I only want a 1” body lift… keep it lower, don’t want the center of gravity too high…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 6

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might also try to put the 300 six motor I have into my 90 F350, if I can find a SBF 2wd T19. Have a good carb head with manifolds and everything, should be able to make something out of it, for a ranch truck of sorts, rather than taking everything apart and getting rid of it, could cobble it together. I have motor mounts too… this could be a thing… doesn’t even have to be done right, just a crappy rig thrown together on very little money… might as well I think…

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you hear "Florida" you think of Miami and Disney land. I live in NW Florida, which is more like Alabama/Georgia. The climate AND culture in my neck of the woods is totally different than what you think of when you think Florida.
So the cats actually have fur..... LOL ;Poke

In all honesty, I’ve watched YouTube ice storms down that way and the situation looks......HELPLESS.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tinting cc winders
You must be registered for see images attach
That’s a whole ‘mother can of worms....here in CO it goes something like this....(not exact)
All windows can be tinted to 27% but if the rears are darker then the front two must be 35% and on and on!! And God forbid you go below the “AS1” line (I prefer 1”)

I mean you would think computer code is being written with the “if/then” statements vs window tinting.

I get that it’s in the name of safety. But rear view mirrors are too and I’m so tall they actually block nearly 50% of my view. I remove them. Might as well have a roll cage splitting my windshield.

I guess I feel more cynical than normal

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, we used to get hassled for this at one time

So this was bought in Ak. On my roadtrip in 19, think johnny law wants to do the legwork...
The percentage of gradient is just hilarious from state to state.
Whats fed dot good for???
You know
Nhtsa
( nothing happens that saves anyone)

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you know what they say, if you're gonna f up, make them ask how you did it... Lol
The same person also torqued the ps bolts to 100ft lbs with an impact. No worries though just ripped the pulley off. All because I wanted one of the metric bolts.
You must be registered for see images attach

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well

Got front accessories on, and belts.
Transmission crossmember in, bolted up completely.
Transfer case on the back, and driveshafts attached. CAT transmission fluid, basically heavy ATF, in transmission and transfer case. Both slightly overfilled.
Shifters all hooked up, need to make a slightly longer rod for the transfer case, the shifter is up against my CB in 2H. Was able to keep the bullnose transfer case shifter location, and floor pan. Also was able to bolt the rubber shift boot for both the transmission and transfer case. Keep in mind I used a hammer on that floor pan first. But turned out pretty good, should have it runnin here soon. Need to put hood and core support back on, and radiator, batteries, and finish fuel lines. Should be all for now, will worry about exhaust later, ordered a 51” long muffler, still waiting on it though. Will need to modify my 6.0 battery tray to make it fit, power steering pump interferes… I’ll just keep using the Hypermax intake plenum and stock filter for now.