So what did you do with your truck today?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well be sure to spend more the $10 when you buy a cupholder for it or else it will break upon install for a picture. I also wouldn't mount the cupholder to the shifter. It may be hard to reach it all the way up there.
This is a "no cupholder" machine. Really I have no intention of tagging it. My driveway is paved and @12-1500 ft long and straight, so it's literally for riding my wife and kids up and down the driveway. I currently have a 1200xl sportster to do that with, but I've wanted a ultra for a long time and this was on Craigslist for stupid cheep. Its one of those things.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know that's bike abuse :flipa

You must be registered for see images attach

Finished the tank mods and set the valves for the genset...
Freakin hondas

Attachments

• 20231002_145529.jpg
    20231002_145529.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231002_145543.jpg
    20231002_145543.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231002_145551.jpg
    20231002_145551.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 9

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know that's bike abuse :flipa

You must be registered for see images attach

Finished the tank mods and set the valves for the genset...
Freakin hondas
Yeah, it might be bike abuse, but there's sooooo many people moving to NW Florida from California, Oregon, and Washington that are crazy when it comes to driving. As well as texting and driving or driving like they're in a video game (I guess that's what they're doing) that there's just no way I'm going to get on the highway without real American steel wrapped all the way around me. Nice scooter though.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
That's OK, for the people we are losing to Florida, we get 2 people moving here from Texas. So many Texas plates with no tags on them...

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's OK, for the people we are losing to Florida, we get 2 people moving here from Texas. So many Texas plates with no tags on them...
if that is really true...I'll bet that they bring really big cup#0((d3&$ with them...huge ones...

I imagine that could possibly be only a tax avoidance strategy...I have seen texas plates elsewhere and from what I surmise it might be a way to save a few bucks that are needed for other things...

Why would anyone want to leave texas..? I would live there if I was not so entwined with where I am now...

I mean...hasn't anyone seen that movie with tommyleejones..?

Just thinking out loud...not to be construed as proclaiming that one place is better than another...but I have this notion that it rains a lot up there...and that would be kinda depressing for me...

I gotta have sunshine...and lots of it...

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be the wrong place to discuss this, but
I hope you have a thick skin....you know we have been called out on occaision...ten lashes and such....I would hate to see it...you seem to be a great guy an all....

Reminds me of the scene in starship troopers...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
It definitely has its rainy seasons here. But we also had a long dry summer too, which is pretty normal. I also love the rain, helps force people to slow down.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok back to the main topic...

I have not written lately on this thread because of being so occupied on getting this house project in order...but I wanted to say that my being a scavenger and salvager has saved me and The Girl a sizeable amount of green...

It seems that on almost every portion of this project...I seem to be able to use things that I have saved, salvaged, and shamelessly dumpster dived from over the last few years...as well as tools that I bought during the crashed economy of 2008-on...when builders were retiring, going out of business, or otherwise liquidating their stockpile of tools...

and...more to the subject...my truck came with an air compressor, welder, and crane...and I have used it all to do various things on this project...I found out that the crane can reach out 17 feet...measured from the back wheels...when I had to lift a plate compactor out of the future basement...and I needed every foot of that reach...because there was a nine-foot deep trench between me and the wall...

it would have been a major disaster if I had slid backwards into the trench...but I managed...like I somehow do...

Anyway...it seems that all of the stuff I salvaged and bought...I have been finding a use for...and it saves time and money...sometimes The Girl seems to realize that I could be worth all of the aggravation...

That makes it all worthwhile...and gives me strength for the way ahead...

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love the rain, helps force people to slow down.
I did not notice that in the D.C. area...and I am glad to have left there...too oppressive...most people there came from somewhere else...and no matter how many state flags they put on their cars and trucks...'there' will never be truly 'home' to them...and it shows...

And the rain does not slow them down at all...my experience was that they feel like they are invincible...with all of their airbags and ABS's and whatever...they drive like idiots..

Top that off with the fact that they pave the roads extra-smooth...just right to slide into the next guy...when they race to the red light...

At least in virginia (southern VA) they seem to have a higher percentage of better drivers...

Oops...I hope that I am not discovered by the hall monitor...

Uh...I have been using my truck nearly every day....honest...

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let them have the Oreo`s, the high sugar content will give them bad health, make them sick and die sooner.

Leavng Evanston, Wyo. monday on our way west, started to hit rain.
Got to Salt Lake City and was a Monsoon it was coming down so hard...slow down? heck they were still driving 80MPH.

Goat

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Reminds me of my days when I was in Arizona during monsoon season. Neat rain, felt like a hot shower when outside, but each time I got caught driving in it I pulled over. Poor wipers couldn't keep up.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last month I was installing a good-sized ducted heat pump at my house(first time, took forever). Before that I installed a fence around the front yard.
So lots of trips to the lumber yard, hardware store, gravel place, and then a dump run in the ol' girl.
The approach to my house from the freeway gains 500' of elevation in about 2 miles, so it's steep.
I got surging and ran out of fuel coming up the hill on the rear tank(gauge is broken), switch to the front but not fast enough. Dang. Purge purge purge, vroom! Got her working again. Drove 1/3 of the way up the hill, died AGAIN on the front tank, which was about 1/3 full.

So after running out of fuel in BOTH tanks coming up the hill, and once more to boot, I'm convinced I have air intrusion after the fuel filter.

Checked all the lines, zero wetness or issues that I can see. I'm getting ready to start a post here or pressure test the lines or something and I realize I'll just get fuel and see how she goes.
Turns out I was totally out of fuel in the rear(took 28 gallons) and the showerhead must be off in the front cause I put nearly 16 gallons into that, too. Soooooooooooooooooo I'm a goober. That's what I did with my truck today. LOL :frustrate :idiot:

Last edited: