So what did you do with your truck today?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well didn`t do anything today to the truck.
Did take apart the Cherry Picker and leak the parts in the corner of the shop.

Moved the new Ingersol-Rand 60 Gal up right Compressor I picked up at farm Supply a month or so back, to the back of the shop where I want to install it. It was marked down from $899.99 to $299.00.
Had to remove the Motor and the Pump first before I moved the top heavy thing on the Hand truck.

Yesterday, replaced the Return Line "O" Rings and Hoses. used the same caps, and bought Gates Rubber Hose of the proper size.
Used the same Spring Clamps.
The right bank was showing some dampness, so just replaced both sides.

Replaced the Fuel Filter in the 500FG filter/water separator.

Removed the Air Filter assembly, wiped it down with solvent rag, and then waxed it to pretty it up.
I use a Wix Filter with the Foam Wrap, I wash it out and replace it, amazing how much dirt and crap it catches. Keeps the paper element cleaner longer.

Had 2 new tires mounted on a couple wore down wheels I had dropped off at Wally World. The 2 that were on the front end were ok, but have some age to them. R&R`d the wheels, and washed both sides, and then sprayed them down with spray foam, both sides, and threw them in the tire rack for later on.
My tire rack is actually one of the Costco heavy duty black shelving. Remove the wire bottom and it holds 6 or so tires.

Goat

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Story on it, guy bought it, brought it back said it didn`t work.
Manager thought he wired it wrong, but don`t see where any one has been in there to mess with the wiring.
My guess he brought it home, and Mama said take it back....LOL

Just a fluke I happened to be there that day, but yet (according to the date on the tag) had been there 3 day`s.

This will be an up grade from my Campbell Hosfeld 20 gallon.

At least it isn`t one of those noisy oil less one`s buzzing away.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This will be an up grade from my Campbell Hosfeld 20 gallon.
Yes it certainly will be.
At least it isn`t one of those noisy oil less one`s buzzing away.
I can't stand those things. They are all junk as far as I'm concerned. They are WAY too noisy and they sure don't seem to last very long. give me an old fashioned cast iron cylinder, piston type compressor any day!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This evening, I drove over to my garage to try to install my new amps in my truck. For some reason, that seemed to be fighting me. I heard a weather alert on the garage radio so I listened. There was a severe thunderstorm warning about 30 miles west and it was heading east. I worked on the install a little bit longer and about the time that I got the thing to power up, I started hearing thunder so I closed up the garage and headed up north to spend some money in town. I was pretty irate on the way there. After getting out at my second stop, I got to see a double rainbow so that made me feel a little better. Then, on the way back east, going home, I passed by a pond about 200-250 yards off of the highway. There was a couple of fawns along the edge. One was jumping around and playing. That made me laugh and made me feel ok again. I have no pictures of the pond or fawns, but I did take one of the rainbows. The second one is faint and about as far to the right of the pole as the bright one is to the left.

Attachments

• 102_4195.JPG
    102_4195.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 3

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well I'm pretty proud of myself. After several months, my non-electrical loving back side finally managed to fix my radio/amp problems in my truck. I've been fighting this since May when my radio quit on my way to Texas. I've replace the radio. I put the old one back in. I put the new one back in. I tested the amps by hooking a speaker wire to a high power output on the radio and touching both wires to a speaker wire. That made sound come back out of that speaker so I thought that my amps went bad. I installed a new amp that I had bought for the Ex Wife and all it would do was to light up the Protect light. I put the old radio back in again last night thinking that the low output side of the new radio had burned out somehow. Still only the Protect light. I finally was probing around with a test light tonight and discovered that the light didn't light up very brightly when I put it on the battery power terminal on the new amp. I finally looked at my inline fuse and found this. Naturally I didn't have anything that even resembled it so I went to town again and found one that works, but doesn't have big enough wires running through it. I'll have to upgrade the whole power input from the battery to the amps. This hadn't occurred to me at all since I've never had more amp than I had power supply.
The best part is that my old amps are probably still good and I won't have to buy another pair of amps for the Ex Wife. That saves me $350 right there so I'm happy about that.

Attachments

• 102_4196.JPG
    102_4196.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 12

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO thats gotta be great to get your tunes back!! Knowing you, it’s prolly stupid to ask but I gotta know. You’ve also done the big 3 upgrade as well right?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
thats gotta be great to get your tunes back!!
Yes it is. Tomorrow, I'm going to try my old amps and see if they are still good.
You’ve also done the big 3 upgrade as well right
First, it's not a stupid question. I've heard stupid questions and that's NOT one of them. Second, if you mean a 3G upgrade, then yes I have. I was dreading it until I actually got in and did it. Then I couldn't believe how easy it really is to do. Yes the picture is a little dark. So is the night outdoors.

Attachments

• 102_4198.JPG
    102_4198.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 7

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like where the 19 gallon f series tank is sitting now with the bronco. Frame support move seems like it was meant to be. I then took 5 pieces of scrap metal from the pile and started making the tank shield. Ran out of welding wire. To be continued tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_4052.jpeg
    IMG_4052.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4053.jpeg
    IMG_4053.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 8

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Battery to Chassis Ground, Engine to Chassis Ground, Alternator to B+.
No I haven't. When I upgrade the power supply, I'm planning to ground to the frame and then run another ground wire from the frame to an engine ground. That will get it kind of straight to a battery. These amps (if the old ones still work) won't draw enough power to warrant a wire going from the alternator to the B+ on the amps. Actually, neither will my new ones. My goal is sounds that's good enough for me. I like to keep my audio equipment as hidden as possible to cut down on the possibility of thievery. Although the look of the truck does most of that already. Thank you shallow society! No cats to steal is another bonus of driving these trucks!

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My goal is sounds that's good enough for me. I like to keep my audio equipment as hidden as possible to cut down on the possibility of thievery.
Could not agree more, I hide my stuff and no stickers or speaker grills.

My amps are still old school class AB and draw quite a bit of power. Vs the new class D’s.

You must be registered for see images attach

I still keep my boxes cookoo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online