So what did you do with your truck today?

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PSA for those of you looking at all-aluminum radiators: steer clear of Cold Case. The model listed for ford trucks is smaller and meant for light duty applications. They do not work for our trucks.

Learned that the hard way….

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Well I made Old Goat proud today. I made some gay and since there wasn't a cloud in the sky all day, the sun was shining. This hay definitely is not for this year though so I'm ahead of the game already. The ones at the back of the trailer were all the two of us could handle. This was all live locust.

Attachments

• 102_4229.JPG
    102_4229.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 102_4230.JPG
    102_4230.JPG
    455.7 KB · Views: 11

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposed to freeze here in a couple days, so I filled the van from Jerry cans, added some Optilube Winter and went on a 30 minute gawking session. Exercising both the CC and AC of course!!

Parked it, added lights to the engine bay, interior and mouse traps set. They are moving in hard right now.

Lights are powered by my Christmas Dusk-Dawn light sensor. Priceless.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposed to freeze here in a couple days, so I filled the van from Jerry cans, added some Optilube Winter and went on a 30 minute gawking session. Exercising both the CC and AC of course!!

Parked it, added lights to the engine bay, interior and mouse traps set. They are moving in hard right now.

PM me an address. I've got some polydactyl cats that have extra toes for catching more mice.........meeeoooooowwwwww......

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
@Cant Write do you get your optilube locally or order online? Can't find it local in the tri city area here ironically...

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM me an address. I've got some polydactyl cats that have extra toes for catching more mice.........meeeoooooowwwwww......
I had to look that one up.....you are right, better hunters is a benefit. They are considered lucky!!

And here I thought it would be due to neighborhood in-breeding...cookoo

I think the wife would be ok if cats showed up on our property. But she doesn’t wanna go buy them and neither do I.

And wouldn’t FL felines freeze to death coming straight to winter out here....?

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Cant Write do you get your optilube locally or order online? Can't find it local in the tri city area here ironically...
I just order it straight from Optilube’s website in gallon jugs, I haven’t found it cheaper. Then I measure it to glass bottles.

I run summer+ blend most the year (2.3 cents extra per gallon at minimum dose) then run winter when I know it’s setting in.

I’m cheap, on a budget trying to live amongst the millionaires up here. Wish I could run the XPD year round, but it and the winter both cost 12.7 cents per gallon at minimum dose.

In my TDI, I noticed 1.5 mpg improvement at minimum dose with my commute and just a waste of product doubling the dosage.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Got down to 31 degrees in Wilsey this morning

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to look that one up.....you are right, better hunters is a benefit. They are considered lucky!!

And here I thought it would be due to neighborhood in-breeding...cookoo

I think the wife would be ok if cats showed up on our property. But she doesn’t wanna go buy them and neither do I.

And wouldn’t FL felines freeze to death coming straight to winter out here....?

It was 84 today, going to be mid 50's next few days ;Poke
You should never really spend money on cats. The exception to that is that my wife bought a couple bob tail Manx tom cats to........ well.......I don't know what she was thinking, but yeah one day one of our female cats went out got knocked up by some no count dead beat and gave us a litter of polydactyl kittens. It's a dominant gene, so it's forever in our cats now. Theirs feet look crazy.

I think we finally got to the upper 40s tonight. It'll be more than a month before a freeze.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upper 40’s.....in Florida....you must be talking Centigrade right!! ;Poke

And freezing there again must be 32.....Centigrade....LOL

I just know in my heart your speaking apples to my oranges :cheers:
When you hear "Florida" you think of Miami and Disney land. I live in NW Florida, which is more like Alabama/Georgia. The climate AND culture in my neck of the woods is totally different than what you think of when you think Florida.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO how did you load some of those rounds? They look huge and heavy!! Were you able to just roll them?
With the biggest ones at the back of the trailer, I did roll them over to the trailer. The rest me friend and I just picked up together. The ones that are right in front of the back ones are smaller, but much heavier. There was no rot at all in them. The back ones were the biggest, but the next sized ones were the heaviest. I cut them in half lengthwise, what would have been up and down the tree, and a couple were still all that both of us could handle together.
I just order it straight from Optilube’s website in gallon jugs, I haven’t found it cheaper.
Me too. I didn't realize that it could be found in stores.
Got down to 31 degrees in Wilsey this morning
It was 29 here yesterday morning.
You should never really spend money on cats.
Even free cats aren't free for very long. Just ask my spoiled little hairy beasts and they'll agree.