So what did you do with your truck today?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night I JB Welded the Brake Valve.
This morning I swapped it with the leaker.
Started the engine, had my Wife apply the Brakes...
Whadayano, the thing was peeing a little stream of Brake
fluid. How could that be? i really slathered on the JB.

So now it is off to have one of them welded and be done with it.
The problem is taking the valve apart to gut it. compromizes the
old "O" Ring that had been on the PNP truck a long time.
Should be replaced, but isn`t a garden variety "O" Ring, but
a special Ford one.

Goat

Took 2 of the Adapters to my welder friend, and he Tig Welded them.
Put one on last night, and yeah!!! It is dry, no leak finally.
So now I have a 87 + years Aluminum MC on my 86.
The old Rusty 10lb MC is going into the scrap pile.
Sure cleans it up from that rusty old P O S MC.

Peddle is low, so need to bleed the system, needs it anyway to flush out the old dirty fluid.
Just need to modify a cap for the Motive Pressure bleeder.

L/F corner will be the cleanest part of the truck,
Today get the plastic inner fender installed, Cleaned out Coolant bottle, Battery Tray. Had it sand blasted several years ago and POR`d it. Just a couple little spots to touch up. Drop in the Battery and a few wire connections and should be good to go.

While I had this apart, replaced the Horn. It was loud with the engine turned off...LOL Sounded like someone had their hand around it`s throat.
Found a really loud one at PNP, after market Hella.

Picked up 2 Amber and 2 Red LED lights for the front and rear turn/stop lights and a Flasher so they work. These should be brighter than the stock bulbs.
Pick these up at Hot August Nights in Reno at the "Big Boy toy store".

Goat

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are some good-looking trucks...!!
Thanks. That was late afternoon and I was finishing up a small remodel job, and my brain was mush from the heat and stress of it all. So what does that have to do with anything? Well, I got in my truck to move it and I popped the hood instead of the E brake! LoL I was just zapped, so that's why the hood's popped on my truck.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I popped the hood instead of the E brake!
I have done that....especially if I drive different vehicles and I am a little fuzzy...

At one time I had a '69 Ford and a '74 AMC....the key switch was on the column on the AMC and it was on the dash on the Ford...

Have you ever tried to start a '69 ford with the key poised at the column..?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. That was late afternoon and I was finishing up a small remodel job, and my brain was mush from the heat and stress of it all. So what does that have to do with anything? Well, I got in my truck to move it and I popped the hood instead of the E brake! LoL I was just zapped, so that's why the hood's popped on my truck.

I have done that....especially if I drive different vehicles and I am a little fuzzy...

At one time I had a '69 Ford and a '74 AMC....the key switch was on the column on the AMC and it was on the dash on the Ford...

Have you ever tried to start a '69 ford with the key poised at the column..?

Or shoving your foot through the firewall when you try and step on the clutch when you go back to your automatic transmission vehicle…..

Or wiggle the floor shift auto shifter to make sure it’s in neutral….

and the last one, waiting for the Check Engine light to go out before you try and start a gasser…..

One other one…. Having multiple manual transmission vehicles, that have different shift patterns….. like a 5 speed and a 4 speed, and you get in the 4 speed and keep killing it when you try and back up…… 5 speed, was far passenger and back, 4 speed was far driver and up…..

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or shoving your foot through the firewall when you try and step on the clutch when you go back to your automatic transmission vehicle…..

Or wiggle the floor shift auto shifter to make sure it’s in neutral….

and the last one, waiting for the Check Engine light to go out before you try and start a gasser…..

One other one…. Having multiple manual transmission vehicles, that have different shift patterns….. like a 5 speed and a 4 speed, and you get in the 4 speed and keep killing it when you try and back up…… 5 speed, was far passenger and back, 4 speed was far driver and up…..
I have done every one of those at some point, plus a few others.

I have a 3spd, several varieties of 4spd, 5spd, and a 6spd. I have found a lot of gears that I wasn't wanting, and searched for just as many that didn't exist.

James

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 63 ford truck that had the key on the left side of the steering column on the dash, like a big rig. Remember when I bought it I kept lookin for the key on the column and on the right hand side of the dash…

Ever hop out of an automatic and get in a 3 on the tree? Tryin to put it in ‘drive’ makes pretty bad noise… roll up to a stop on your brakes and it just dies, realize you forgot to clutch and put in neutral… maddening…

I have a 2000 Dodge 2500 with a 5 speed, and my parents had a 2001 feed truck that is auto. I swear, every time I get in, I damn near break my foot pushing in the invisible clutch… tryin to get away from a stop if I’m not focused inside the vehicle I’m tryna find the shifter, what the HELL, where is it! Oh, wrong truck, release brake and give ‘er the fuel pedal, *******. Doesn’t go the other way around, if I drive that bale bed truck all day, I can hop back in my truck no problem… I’m actually in favor of automatic transmissions in a bale bed truck, or a feedyard truck. Course, if you feed small squares by yourself, manual is a must. Put it in self driving mode, get out and cut wire and pitch hay.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Put it in self driving mode, get out and cut wire and pitch hay.
I did something similar except it was picking up wood fence posts over by Hope years ago. The guy's 4th grade step son was supposed to be steering, but he got bored, so I had to run back and forth picking up posts and turning the steering wheel. That was with a 87 F250 with a 6.9 and 4 speed in 4lo, first gear.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did something similar except it was picking up wood fence posts over by Hope years ago. The guy's 4th grade step son was supposed to be steering, but he got bored, so I had to run back and forth picking up posts and turning the steering wheel. That was with a 87 F250 with a 6.9 and 4 speed in 4lo, first gear.
Yup, have done the almost-self driving thing as well, picking up 4’ long stakes that we use to hold up the stringline that our bunk paver runs off of at work. Have picked up those stakes with my Dodge and my white 86 Ford.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about putting a double din stereo with a larger screen, but the thought of trying to get one to fit and the prices of the better units have kept me from doing it.

Carplay in my commuter car has spoiled me. Love using Waze and listening to podcasts all hands free. So when I saw the dash units on sale I decided to try one. It’s the Skisea 9” model. Lots of good reviews and on sale for $129. Has a built in dash cam and a wired back up/trailer camera.
You must be registered for see images attach

Setup was super easy. I wanted to use the AUX output, but it turns out my stereo don’t do AUX. Using the FM mode it played surprisingly clear through the stereo speakers. My phone has been my speedometer; my truck has the bouncing needle syndrome pretty bad. It’ll be nice to have an accurate speedo right there.

You must be registered for see images attach

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Looks nice! Does the Edge also work? (I can't remember when OBDII was added).
No OBD2; there is a way to run the Edge just on sensors. It requires a separate 12v key on input. It’s in the manual, but not very well documented.

Works great. I have EGT, boost psi, turbo out temperature, intake temperature and ambient temperature currently hooked up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fizzle