So what did you do with your truck today?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bunch of you know I blew my 7.3 on the stand due to a rag in the cylinder but the root cause was the motor was over bored (0.040) and it weakened the walls. When I first resealed this engine the cracks were just starting to form.

I made a video of the tear down stopping to show some key points I thought you guys might like to see. Especially what cracked cylinder walls in an IDI look like with coolant in the cylinder.

Be warned if your woman is sleeping next to while you watch this the metal music is going to come in hot

I have a bunch of parts now in my garage and a junkyard 7.3 NA that will be piecing together trying for 250whp and 500wtq on the dyno in the spring.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After work I kinda admired how green it is out here in the valley.

Attachments

• 39A48D3F-EC6E-4BA3-BF5A-63D8166F47DB.jpeg
    39A48D3F-EC6E-4BA3-BF5A-63D8166F47DB.jpeg
    478.7 KB · Views: 10
  • B640B157-DA36-44BE-BA20-97D784227159.jpeg
    B640B157-DA36-44BE-BA20-97D784227159.jpeg
    711 KB · Views: 9

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
taken after we cleaned up. This was our improvised cow trap. Ran a panel from the red trailer to the dodge pickup and the red trailer gate reached the other trailer. Ran 3 pair in and discovered the divider gate in the trailer was jist a little to far forward. So our horses got to ride with a calf in their compartment. Adventures all around. 8000 lbs or so of 4 legged critter sure gave us a workout coming out of the canyon

Last edited:

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
We started on the engine swap in my sons truck. I am glad the extra IDI engine I have been storing in my garage actually fired right up and ran well after sitting 10 plus years. I just had to remember to give the injection pump solenoid 12v........just took a couple of hours of practice starting before that (smacking forehead).

It was cool working with my son and dad on a project, then two of my neighbors showed up to help out also.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, this is the clutch kit I currently have. We will see how much it can hold.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-700875#overview
Just wondering how you came to this clutch kit versus say something from South Bend? I'm interested to see how it holds as well, just wondering if you know who the manufacturer of the Summit clutch kits is. I see it has a one year warranty: at least if you smoke it on the dyno they should give you another one :)

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
We started on the engine swap in my sons truck. I am glad the extra IDI engine I have been storing in my garage actually fired right up and ran well after sitting 10 plus years. I just had to remember to give the injection pump solenoid 12v........just took a couple of hours of practice starting before that (smacking forehead).

It was cool working with my son and dad on a project, then two of my neighbors showed up to help out also.

I installed that engine once before , was a pain in the ass , remember its a van motor

subway

Reaction score
I installed that engine once before , was a pain in the ass , remember its a van motor
Don't worry Nick, the 5 ft long dipstick tube wont let me forget! LOL I was planning on pulling his headers, oil cooler, fuel filter brackets and such to swap them over. This injection pump still have the VRV valve on the side automatic guys want.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This month I did the 2 fuel filters, oil change and filter, ordered a new cdr tube online, got air intrusion so the ood Ford is gonna sit for a while so I can keep the "good" parking spot in my complex and chip away at some oil leaks and other stuff while the fishing stacks up and when its green again I'll b ready

Maybe starter is going out, too much oil to tell what the heck is going on.

One things for sure Costco baby wipes are cheap and easy way to degreaser a motor!

subway

Reaction score
I could use a VRV if your going to sell it. If so let me know your price shipped to 92663.
I figure with inflation and all they are probably worth about $1348 o_O

let me pull it and look it over, no guarantees but I am happy if you pay shipping and it goes to a good home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online