So what did you do with your truck today?

cozinsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blew out the copper rtv in my up pipe slip joint again today. Third time it's happened now. I followed the instructions every time but it still won't hold. Today I was pulling a long steep grade with the trailer and about halfway up it blew out. I noticed an immediate change in the sound, boost dropped and egt shot way up. That slip pipe was junk from the start. Getting very frustrating. I'm going to try Walker Acousti Seal and if that doesn't work I give up.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blew out the copper rtv in my up pipe slip joint again today. Third time it's happened now. I followed the instructions every time but it still won't hold. Today I was pulling a long steep grade with the trailer and about halfway up it blew out. I noticed an immediate change in the sound, boost dropped and egt shot way up. That slip pipe was junk from the start. Getting very frustrating. I'm going to try Walker Acousti Seal and if that doesn't work I give up.

I know how frustrating that is. I never got my old one to seal for very long. I think at some point there gets to be too much real estate to try and seal up.

dan-o

Reaction score
I love to pay with cash. What really throws them for a loop is when you round up for them, so they can give you back a whole dollar or so. My total was like $12.07. I gave them $22.07. They gave me back the $2.07 and THEN gave me back $8!!!
No wonder this country is the way it is.
That was at a chicken drive through. NOT a Starfucks.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Much easier to just set it in the bed and drive around like that. No mounting, no wiring, no plumbing.:Thumbs Up

Iam late here but.... line up out put of engine with pinion on diff. Cut hole in bed, mount pullys on eng and diff with a centrifical clutch.....

Easy peasy...

Goat

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove up to Maine yesterday to view houses, and wife, son, and new born daughter in back, dog up front. Hit 95 north to Winthrop for some listings then over on 2 west for a few more. Stayed in Berlin NH last night and took 2 to 91 south home.

A few of the hills really slowed me down up there but all in all the truck handled just like it did cross country, except I have brakes and firm steering now! Averaged 16 mpg on a few legs and 17 on the slow bits in Mass.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got rid of a bunch of parts today.
just old stock parts ill never use.
instead of scrappin them, ive got my own fo mo co idi clean up crew.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today was a little like Clint Eastwood. There was good, bad and some ugly thrown in as well. The bad: I've been hearing a noise form the front end of the Blue Truck that sounds like a rattling shock, which it probably is since I've had the thing since 2013 and I've never replaced the shocks. Today I discovered a squealing noise that has something to do with the brakes. It sounds like it's also coming from the front end. The noise goes away with just a little bit of pressure on the brake pedal. I hope that it's something simple because I just went through the front brakes last December. Due to those two issues and the fact that I've still got quite a bit to do beforehand, I'm at least 80% sure that I'm going to cancel my trip to Colorado that's coming up a week from Saturday. Couple those issues with the fact that I'm only able to work at maybe 50% capacity in the heat, and it doesn't add up very well. In fact, I shouldn't have been working on my truck today and I wouldn't have been except that I promised a friend that I'd bring him something. I was bad enough off that while I was talking to him, I got dizzy all of a sudden and felt like I was going to vomit. After sitting down for a minute or so, I felt better. I felt just fine laying under the Blue Truck with my fan blowing on me though.
The good: I did get the Bronco tank held in by the modified straps. I also put 20 gallons of fuel in it and the tank didn't fall out over the 20 miles that it took me to drive home (that's even better news).
The ugly? Well I had to say something that sounded good. I guess that ugly part would be the Blue Truck when you look at it.LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today was a little like Clint Eastwood. There was good, bad and some ugly thrown in as well. The bad: I've been hearing a noise form the front end of the Blue Truck that sounds like a rattling shock, which it probably is since I've had the thing since 2013 and I've never replaced the shocks. Today I discovered a squealing noise that has something to do with the brakes. It sounds like it's also coming from the front end. The noise goes away with just a little bit of pressure on the brake pedal. I hope that it's something simple because I just went through the front brakes last December. Due to those two issues and the fact that I've still got quite a bit to do beforehand, I'm at least 80% sure that I'm going to cancel my trip to Colorado that's coming up a week from Saturday. Couple those issues with the fact that I'm only able to work at maybe 50% capacity in the heat, and it doesn't add up very well. In fact, I shouldn't have been working on my truck today and I wouldn't have been except that I promised a friend that I'd bring him something. I was bad enough off that while I was talking to him, I got dizzy all of a sudden and felt like I was going to vomit. After sitting down for a minute or so, I felt better. I felt just fine laying under the Blue Truck with my fan blowing on me though.
The good: I did get the Bronco tank held in by the modified straps. I also put 20 gallons of fuel in it and the tank didn't fall out over the 20 miles that it took me to drive home (that's even better news).
The ugly? Well I had to say something that sounded good. I guess that ugly part would be the Blue Truck when you look at it.LOL
It’s not ugly, it just looks like a good pair of boots That have seen some sh** LOL But those are the best

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I managed to stave off inheriting bias tires that sat since the dawn of time, found a rotation that dose not have bad vibrations. Started by using a free to use machine to rotate the front inside out but these where to big, so paid someone to do the back. Now have white walls and might look good like that, would have to wash the truck to know.