So what did you do with your truck today?

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the brown and tan will grow on you for sure. If I ever get the need to repaint it, I think I’d keep the same color scheme and send it! The old dog has never left me astray :cheers:

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Danielle, thanks for the pro tip! I had to go that route with the air ride in my old pickup. The service advisor actually suggested I open up a ticket with FCA. He was new at the time and maybe that’s why he suggested it. He didn’t last very long there. He is actually now the service manager and my son’s boss at the Deere dealer he works at.

The SA at the dealer called me and said it did not make any noise for them. He asked to let it sit over the weekend and try again on Monday. He said he had my videos and heard it himself when I dropped it off and there’s clearly something not right. At least this time they’ve acknowledged it sounds like a valve issue.

If they try to tell me it’s normal again I’m going to call FCA to discuss. If they truly believe it’s normal and won’t decrease the lifespan of the engine it shouldn’t be a big deal for them to warranty it out to 150k, even if they just cover valve train issues/damage. I think that’s fair and they did something similar for me with the air ride fiascos.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I blame @Cubey but I finally bought a coolant temperature gauge hahaha

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm hoping to wire it up before we leave tomorrow. Before I left work today I swapped the overtemp sensor out for the new sending unit. Figured it's the only convenient time when the engine was already cool. Opened the cap to make sure there was no pressure then put it back to hold a little bit of vacuum. Worked great! Just lost a tiny dribble of coolant, nothing to worry about.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Danielle, thanks for the pro tip! I had to go that route with the air ride in my old pickup. The service advisor actually suggested I open up a ticket with FCA. He was new at the time and maybe that’s why he suggested it. He didn’t last very long there. He is actually now the service manager and my son’s boss at the Deere dealer he works at.

The SA at the dealer called me and said it did not make any noise for them. He asked to let it sit over the weekend and try again on Monday. He said he had my videos and heard it himself when I dropped it off and there’s clearly something not right. At least this time they’ve acknowledged it sounds like a valve issue.

If they try to tell me it’s normal again I’m going to call FCA to discuss. If they truly believe it’s normal and won’t decrease the lifespan of the engine it shouldn’t be a big deal for them to warranty it out to 150k, even if they just cover valve train issues/damage. I think that’s fair and they did something similar for me with the air ride fiascos.
I hate hearing stories like yours. This is the reason that I won't drive newer vehicles. That and the STUPID costs that are asked for them. The more electronics and farkles that a vehicle has, the more issues that it has too. For 18 months, in 15-16, I worked for a contractor who HAD to have newer vehicles. His wife had a 2011 Chevy Traverse. During the time that I worked for him, that stupid thing was back at the dealership 5 times for radio problems. He thought that it was great because it all was covered under warranty. I just couldn't understand why they'd even bother. Just take it somewhere and have an aftermarket radio installed. Apparently I just don't see things the "proper" way to function in today's automotive society.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauling our newer Dodge in for a knock. It’s been an issue for a while but never seems to do it for them at the dealer. I think it’s a bad lifter. They say it’s normal and won’t damage the engine. In my experience it doesn’t take more than a few seconds to fill up lifters. Last Saturday I started it up and the noise wouldn’t go away. Seems like we are always having some type of issue with our two new vehicles (2017 & 2015) but the old stuff just works.

We have been extremely lucky with ours. The company I work for buys all of our work trucks from Fastenal. They’re all the 5.7 hemi’s. I’m very surprised we haven’t had any issues because I feel like I see a lot of stories like these. The work trucks aren’t necessarily loved on either.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on this list today for the engines "NA start".. Turbo installed but not connected back to the intake. Then once this list is knocked out have to cut, weld, install the intercooler.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that fel pro switched their gasket material. The last oil
cooler gaskets I got were the paper type, now all I see are these. I like these more because they’re more stiff. Easier to mess around with without bending.

Tonight we will be making our nice 15 hour drive to Roche Harbor, Washington for my girlfriends’ sister’s wedding. I’m excited for the destination, not necessarily the drive LOL.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that fel pro switched their gasket material. The last oil
cooler gaskets I got were the paper type, now all I see are these. I like these more because they’re more stiff. Easier to mess around with without bending.

Tonight we will be making our nice 15 hour drive to Roche Harbor, Washington for my girlfriends’ sister’s wedding. I’m excited for the destination, not necessarily the drive LOL.

Some of the most beautiful views up there.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am very excited. I used to live in Oregon and I really miss that type of environment/scenery
I was stationed in Bremerton for 5 years and spent 2 more after I got out. Miss the views and the food. Tough to walk away from where the wife and I started our family but it was time.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Snatxhed up this 1624 with idi and 30,000 miles

Looks just like my old truck, exceptfor the color. Is that a 5 speed? The s1624 was the gas version, so you have a s1654. Makes a big difference at the part store.

Rock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01