So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made her work for her money today! One hill coming out of the town we picked it up from gave us a fight, 2nd gear all the way up, found out my fan clutch is bad! Sat there for a few minutes until temp came back down and pulled pretty good the rest of the way. Can't wait until I get the turbo on it!

You must be registered for see images attach

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Made her work for her money today! One hill coming out of the town we picked it up from gave us a fight, 2nd gear all the way up, found out my fan clutch is bad! Sat there for a few minutes until temp came back down and pulled pretty good the rest of the way. Can't wait until I get the turbo on it!

I'm drooling,lol!
That truck is awesome, I really need to find me a dually like that.

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Actually, he does haunted house/hayride stuff. I'm not 100% sure what he's doing with it, but it's related to that.

But then again, he is a grumpy veteran so I guess the jury is still out LOL
I had the Ghost Busters idea because I have a friend who runs a body shop. He had a customer who loved Jurassic Park so he had my friend turn his Explorer into a replica of the ones used in that movie. IIRC it even has the number 4 on it. The final step is going to be a glass roof like in the movie.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@IDIBRONCO my parents know a guy that owns a funeral home that has a hearse painted like the one in ghost busters

i think it would be cool to turn a hearse into a go kart hauler

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It would make a cool go kart hauler. Unfortunately for me, I lost the go kart bug about 25 years ago. I need to have toys with full suspension these days.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
They're around, but they're either terribly expensive, or completely beat. Sometimes both :(
Yup, all I can find here is beat up trucks for around 6k or more which is crazy. I am also throwing around the idea of a CC f350 srw 4x4, just so it has 4x4. I don't absolutely need another 4x4 truck, so I guess it all depends on what I can find that is decent.
We shall see.

Rock

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
The good thing about these is that you can dually swap it later.
I agree. I like the idea that I would only have to swap the rear axle,front spacers,and dually flares instead of 4x4 swapping a dually. I have just been weighing it out, and I think I should have 4wd in this truck for what I plan to do with it. And honestly, a srw truck shouldn't have a problem doing what I will ask of it, so I will have to see how things go.

Rock

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Fired my truck up and moved it for the first time in about 2 years! My son has been bugging me to get my truck back. Once I purged the air it fired up and drove off like I ran her yesterday.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Next my son wanted to start up the 48 Willy's for his 16 birthday, and after we got it running convinced me to give it a quick drive. It is running off a gas can under the hood right now so we could not go far. First time I have driven all three of my pickup trucks in one day LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never take pictures so my posts are probably boring. I got my engine all put back together, just need to drop it in. I built a downpipe out of a 7.3 PowerStroke pipe. Just cut the top off. Then I took my driveshaft in and they’re gonna do the universals and the carrier bearing, then balance. That’ll cost 250$. For a minute I almost said hell no but then the thought of me standing in the sun screwing with a press calmed me down. I’m pretty sure that’s a fair price too. So that was my day, pretty damn productive

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
img_20210507_120754-jpg.135294

nice bumper. ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01