So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
And if I was to expand on this a little bit farther, I would be risking one of those vacations that I mentioned before. So I guess I've hit a dead end with this one now.LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Being a family friendly forum does occasionally have it's downsides LOL
Yes, but it's probably better this way. I've been trying to control what I say better so that I won't get in trouble when I visit my brother. His step daughter (my niece) is 15 and his son is 3. I can still pick on them though so I do have that.

nitroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We installed our new CDD 110 pump and stage 1 injectors last night! Best helper around! Hoping to get it fully timed in the next couple days (bought one of those surplus hummer timing units!) but in the meantime, looking forward to seeing if it has extra power. :Thumbs Up

You must be registered for see images attach

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
This is for Rock, Bronco and Chill.... (since I can’t give myself a vacation)...... seems to fit here..... LOL

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Remember... the mods here are one of the first ones that would pull a thread off into the weeds... LOL.... I miss those days....

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We installed our new CDD 110 pump and stage 1 injectors last night! Best helper around! Hoping to get it fully timed in the next couple days (bought one of those surplus hummer timing units!) but in the meantime, looking forward to seeing if it has extra power. :Thumbs Up

Remind us what turbo you have? I'm starting to mull over if I'll want a 90 or a 110 with my setup so I'll be interested in seeing how your EGTs run.

nitroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remind us what turbo you have? I'm starting to mull over if I'll want a 90 or a 110 with my setup so I'll be interested in seeing how your EGTs run.

I'm running a first get (non wastegated) Banks. EGT's climb really high, really quickly. Wes recommended I do a 90 to be on the safe side if I tow much, but I don't really tow with this one at all, and I'm planning a bigger turbo in the future, so I went bigger and I'll just watch the EGT's in the meantime. When I put my foot in it, it sure smokes, but it also pulls like I've never experienced before. Yeehaw!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running a first get (non wastegated) Banks. EGT's climb really high, really quickly. Wes recommended I do a 90 to be on the safe side if I tow much, but I don't really tow with this one at all, and I'm planning a bigger turbo in the future, so I went bigger and I'll just watch the EGT's in the meantime. When I put my foot in it, it sure smokes, but it also pulls like I've never experienced before. Yeehaw!

It's all fun and games until she aggressively stops spinning LOL

Yeah I was impressed how well @tjsea truck pulls with just a stock 6.9 pump maxed out. Of course, he has a cam and a very nice turbo, but it will haul a 6000# camper like it's not there.

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today was time for another run to my house and got a 2nd additive this time. Not sure if Im brave or stupid but did not feel like dealing her games running rual routes, so got on the interstate this time. There is a high temptation to run hammer down to do 70+mph since no load, had to resist this and run less than 65mph with the other slow pokes. Did get 14.3mpg this time that is better than the 13.6 I got last run, its usually less than 12 around town.

Since there is a rural king down by my house, I stoped there to see if they had any cheap oil. They had only one pail that was $40 after tax, would had liked to grab more. She gets around 60mpg in oil generally, it was only marganly better running down there and unsure on the return but will check in the morning.

:(

I got the gravel out there this time so was light for the run. It was cheaper there at $15 a ton vs $35 for 3/4 a ton that was the last batch, unsure if equal or less.

So now have what looks like a drive way even tho is thin in some parts, there is still more I want to lay down.

:rock:

When I got down there I found what she broke this time, the welds failed on the battery tray and ran a strap around to hold it up in place.

:bail

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out and started my truck today. Somehow the headgasket didn’t fix itself in the last 2 days. I got all the stuff that I need so I won’t be waiting on any parts. I’m gonna see how fast I can pull the engine on Saturday. I’ve gotten pretty good at it.....

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was impressed how well @tjsea truck pulls with just a stock 6.9 pump maxed out. Of course, he has a cam and a very nice turbo, but it will haul a 6000# camper like it's not there.

See I feel how the turbo comes alive and cleans things up and it just makes me want to feed it more fuel, haha! All in good time though [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last time that I paid attention, I did it in 3 hours. I'll bet you can beat that time. I'm out of practice and getting old.
Me and my girlfriend got it out the last time pretty fast. We started at 10 and we’re headed to get food by 1. I really like taking the front clip off, it’s much easier to reach stuff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance