So what did you do with your truck today?

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the motorhome ready for a trip through the mountains, so I had to turn our MN hills into mountains for a shakedown!

You must be registered for see images attach

man this thing is gutless with a load. Gonna try advancing the timing a bit tomorrow to see if that helps. She needs a new injection pump.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy silicone pretzel batman, that's quite the intake adapter. You gonna add charge air cooling?
Hoping to soon. It’s pretty tricky to route it into the intake while also looking good. For now I’m just gonna get rid of the 90 off the turbo and weld up a charge pipe for all the bends instead. Hopefully will look better.

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday... Took the ole girl back to the shop for my e test redo... Holy cow went from 40% at 40mph to 4%. It's never been that good. Tech asked me what I did to it, well I cleaned the air filter. Replaced the fuel filter and ran transmission fluid through the pump and injectors (forgot to tell him that one) and the tank was pretty hot with diesel kleen.. that was it nothing more....

My guess is the fuel filter and transmission fluid did most of the work, the air filter was pretty clean before and I forgot I overdosed the tank ;)

Good to go for another year as long as I can keep from blowing it up :Thumbs Up

KZF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday... Took the ole girl back to the shop for my e test redo... Holy cow went from 40% at 40mph to 4%. It's never been that good. Tech asked me what I did to it, well I cleaned the air filter. Replaced the fuel filter and ran transmission fluid through the pump and injectors (forgot to tell him that one) and the tank was pretty hot with diesel kleen.. that was it nothing more....

My guess is the fuel filter and transmission fluid did most of the work, the air filter was pretty clean before and I forgot I overdosed the tank ;)

Good to go for another year as long as I can keep from blowing it up :Thumbs Up

Not sure if it's a typo but when I got my renewal last week it said "No emissions test required". Always an annual thing so not sure why...$60 bucks saved.

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's a typo but when I got my renewal last week it said "No emissions test required". Always an annual thing so not sure why...$60 bucks saved.

Score!! I sure wouldn't ask any questions when you pay for the tags...

Biofuels4Change

Reaction score
I started mine for the first time without ether! I had to jump the GP relay with a screwdriver so it is not a real victory, but it is progress!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My issue is that the new drums from china need to be turned for roundness before their even installed so the need for the equipment is still there.
Yep. Dealing with this now. Can’t keep my rears adjusted for crap because they are out of round. Finding a place to turn them is hard.

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like fun.... explain? Is that a cleansing treatment or what?

Yep it's a cleaning method. There are several threads about it, but basically the transmission fluid helps break down deposits in the fuel system.

Just fill your fuel filter with it, start it up and let it run till you hear a difference in the way it sounds. Shut it down and let it sit overnight (or in my case all day I work nights) or longer if you can and the detergents in the tranny fluid help clean everything up. I definitely feel a difference now that I did that, seems to have more get up and go than before.

dan-o

Reaction score
I started tracking down a phantom battery draw. Not **** like a new turbo or anything. I found a relay that was energized with both battery disconnect switches off. I pulled the inline fuse near the relay and everything still worked as it should when I started the truck up. It's an old ambulance that was re-purposed as a search and rescue vehicle, so it has a lot of added circuits and spaghetti behind the dash. At least it is wires and not computer chips, so I can figure it out. It keeps my old brain from turning into mush. I can only watch so many Youtube videos.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance